$150 MICRONS

Well that disclaimer would certainly throw me, but if it's not applying to these brushes then it would seem all is well.

I believe that disclaimer you posted was from a Limited Edition Airbrush. I was the same thing when I was browsing the site.

I swapped out the head assembly and the needle from my MP-200C and CMC + tonight and both performed perfectly. So it looks like the critical parts(Needle and Head) are interchangeable. I do prefer the Iwata needle because it's got a shorter taper on the very end and less likely to bend. For $150 I see no real reason not to buy the Olympos.

I believe what he was looking at was the 200c, which they called vintage and b grade. it did say no parts, as is. Different brush than the Micron 200C.

I've read a lot about Olympos being as good as Iwata, is there any truth to this? What alloys are the tips made from on Iwata and does Olympos use the same?
Being new to AB I have nothing to compare my Badger Krome too, but I assume there is a difference in the Krome and a Micron, not just in price.
I am looking for a better handling brush, as in trigger responce and smoothness, I can't afford the Micron ATM, so what would you all recommend for $200 range AB that would out perform the Krome?:thumbsdown:

Having both the Sotar and the Olympos MP200c, I can say the Olympos micron does have a better atomization than the Sotar. I have heard that the Krome is pretty much a Sotar, if that helps. Both of my brushes can paint eyelashes and I have never had to use pencils or brushes to get fine detail. That being said, it did take a little bit to adjust to the feel of the Olympos. They are different in response and handling.

How is the trigger on the Olympos? Is it smoother than the Sotar, I know the Sotar and Krome have the same tip/needle size, the Krome will lay down very thin lines, just going thick to thin gives me a prob as trigger is not that smooth, so, the Olympos sounds very tempting! Odd why they don't market their product better...

Once I got the super lube, it is very smooth. Definitely get the super lube. From what I heard they either don't have american distributors or weren't allowed to distribute to USA anymore. The trial price I paid was stated by the seller to encourage international sales orders. The full retail box set for the MP200 is about 400 dollars, if I remember correctly. The 157 dollar trial price is a pretty good deal.

Just checked, they sell the retail version of the MP for $384 with box, and extra head unit.

I am very new to airbrushing, and don't have any experience with an iwata micron so I can not offer comparison between the two. There are people on here that have used both and can give better advice on this. I am happy with my purchase, and couldn't have bought a micron for $447. This was a good option for me.

My main reason for getting the olympos was the unreliability of my sotar.

The trigger on the olympos I got is so smooth if you take back handle off you can adjust trigger tension.Trigger response on this brush is insane you will need to adjust.It is a little speed demon too. NO ONE would be disappointed with these brush...

What would be the likelihood of ever needing a complete second head unit? Surely any damage would be confined to the needle/nozzle?

Just bought myself an H&S infinity, would one of these be a worthwhile investment? The price does seem very good.

Sorry for the maybe noobish questions but i am new to quality airbrushes.

I don't buy big name soft springs but I did throw a clipped spring from another brush.Down press is super soft, got the trigger tension loose in the back.Super Smooth

Well if you needed an extra head unit they are cheaper at olympos by $30 or so but not for long time.

What would be the likelihood of ever needing a complete second head unit? Surely any damage would be confined to the needle/nozzle?

Just bought myself an H&S infinity, would one of these be a worthwhile investment? The price does seem very good.

Sorry for the maybe noobish questions but i am new to quality airbrushes.
A little bit of advice I recieved recently.
Stick with the brush you have and get to know everything to do with it, it is a very capable brush ,the infinity, if you keep chopping and changing you will only slow your learning process down and end up getting frustrated, you can take my word for that as I've "been there, done it and have the tee shirt"

A little bit of advice I recieved recently.
Stick with the brush you have and get to know everything to do with it, it is a very capable brush ,the infinity, if you keep chopping and changing you will only slow your learning process down and end up getting frustrated, you can take my word for that as I've "been there, done it and have the tee shirt"

Probably wise words their Smiler, i have a tendency to be an idiot with money i shouldn't really spend.

The main thing that kept me from H&S was too many reviews about the delayed response.

I stuck with 2 veda 180 for 8 months and made them do everything I asked, then went strait to a micron.It is like having CHEAT CODES in video game LOL !!!!!

The main thing that kept me from H&S was too many reviews about the delayed response.

This does trouble me a little, but then again i am used to China specials (Crap airbrushes), so maybe the Harder will feel like a Rolls Royce...i hope :)

This does trouble me a little, but then again i am used to China specials (Crap airbrushes), so maybe the Harder will feel like a Rolls Royce...i hope :)

I doubt you'll get what you want out of your new brush straight away when it comes, like anything new you have get used to it and you will find yourself also trying to break habits caused by the crap you have so just be patient to start with.

You have had good advice elsewhere here on how to get the best out of your H&S when it comes, keep that in mind and take time to get to know it and it will soon provide you with the pleasure your hoping for.

Be sure to throw up a photo when you have it:)

No need to be troubled, I changed rather quickly to different brushes, but a lot of great art has been done with various makes of brushes,buy talented peeps, but most have in common,they just really got to know their equipment and paint. Yes I found that the trigger was not instant like the micron but you will quickly adapt to it. Mitch ,airbrush tutor, done a review of the AL PLUS,same make as the infinity, and even he said you will quickly adapt to it even after being used to iwatas.
Have a look at some of the art around the forum, see what people are using and what they achieve using different equipment,all have in common practice.

Back