A face mask..?

PogArt

Detail Decepticon!
Hi everyone...
My friend has mention that he's using a mask every time he's airbrushing...
I'd like to ask you for advice whether you putting the mask too or not at all, and WHAT mask?
I were looking on eBay but I have no idea what the mask should be like and how to call it ;)
I'm going to use water based paints only Createx Wicked, I bet it's not that dangerous to work with those paints ?
Thank you for your comments ...

Lungs are designed for air. Heavy dusts like you get with airbrushing can be problematic, it makes good sense to wear some form of protection., Water based a particle filter is fine. Solvent based, put on a proper respirator. Many with water based won't wear any form of filter but that is up to them. An airbrush doesn't put up anywhere near as much overspray as a standard brush.

Lungs are designed for air. Heavy dusts like you get with airbrushing can be problematic, it makes good sense to wear some form of protection., Water based a particle filter is fine. Solvent based, put on a proper respirator. Many with water based won't wear any form of filter but that is up to them. An airbrush doesn't put up anywhere near as much overspray as a standard brush.
Thank you very much.

I have several masks / respirators and even an air fed respirator.
I also have lung problems. I pick a mask depending on how much problem I'm having that day.
As a minimum I use an "rz mask"
As Mark said, lungs are design for air, anything else is putting your health at risk

I have several masks / respirators and even an air fed respirator.
I also have lung problems. I pick a mask depending on how much problem I'm having that day.
As a minimum I use an "rz mask"
As Mark said, lungs are design for air, anything else is putting your health at risk
I wasn't aware how important this subject might be...
Thank you...

I'm guilty of not using a mask like I should..
However even myself if I'm hosing paint I wear a mask. AND use a fan and filter. The detail stuff is not horrible but even then we all should wear a particle mask.

I wore charcoal cartridges respirator even when used WB paints at the beginning of ABing. Some could say it's not comfortable, but I once found myself in the bathroom cleaning airbrushes with the respirator on my face, I saw the reflection in the mirror:D I haven't even thought it's on me:) So the respirator is not an issue. Besides, everyone knows how "cheap and comfortable" are health issues.
Now urethanes are in the airbrushes only, so this type of respirator is a must and no other way to go.

It is best practice for to wear a mask but I do not. I use very little paint at quite low air pressure and it hardly goes past my paper so I do not bother. When I use ratlecans outside I definitely use a mask.

When painting using my airbrush, blowing heavy coverage I wear my RZ mask, but for the small fine detailing I do not wear anything. I also have proper air movement ....
When rattle canning anything, I wear my double filter charcoal respirator... and set up a fan and filter if I can't do that outside...
I have a beard, and it is amazing how many different colors the part of it that sticks out gets. If you blow your nose after painting and you get color, that is a sign you need a mask.....

When painting using my airbrush, blowing heavy coverage I wear my RZ mask, but for the small fine detailing I do not wear anything. I also have proper air movement ....
When rattle canning anything, I wear my double filter charcoal respirator... and set up a fan and filter if I can't do that outside...
I have a beard, and it is amazing how many different colors the part of it that sticks out gets. If you blow your nose after painting and you get color, that is a sign you need a mask.....

Please expand on "I do not wear anything" I have a picture in my head right now and if I am to continue my day with some degree of comfort, you need to help me get it out (the picture I mean):confused::)

I would imagine that if one is working the whole day through with nothing but green they could well have a dilemma o_O

When I first joined this forum 200 years ago I was abruptly told I should be wearing a mask, thinking I was being accused of ugliness I sarcastically went out and bought a Theresa May mask just to show what ugly really is:sus: it wasn't until the coughing and sputtering started I realised what that abrupt advice actually meant:(

Please expand on "I do not wear anything" I have a picture in my head right now and if I am to continue my day with some degree of comfort, you need to help me get it out (the picture I mean):confused::)

I would imagine that if one is working the whole day through with nothing but green they could well have a dilemma o_O

When I first joined this forum 200 years ago I was abruptly told I should be wearing a mask, thinking I was being accused of ugliness I sarcastically went out and bought a Theresa May mask just to show what ugly really is:sus: it wasn't until the coughing and sputtering started I realised what that abrupt advice actually meant:(
Understood my friend ;)
Thank you ...

Understood my friend ;)
Thank you ...

No problem, the guys have you covered so it's just my humorous way of saying don't take chances with your health;)

And welcome to the forum, I promise when you need any other help I will address it seriously until you're sorted, and then have a laugh:)

I was slinging some green paint the other day and I thought I was not making any wild swings with the airbrush. Later that day I blew my nose and guess what???? It wasn't clear or yellow. IT WAS GREEN. Went the day after and bought some masks. If it's pushing air and paint into the room air, you are breathing it :thumbsdown:

Richard

Back