A new airbrush review

I added a new review to my site, Would you believe a $12 aluminum double action? If you are interested, you can see it here. Comments are welcome.

Don
Thanks for the review Don. I found your site while initially researching Airbrushes and before I’d bought one. It was extremely helpful, so I’m glad I have the chance to say thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Don Wheeler Like many on here, your site has been invaluable to me over the past couple years. I also would like to thank you for the effort you put into that. That shiny red brush would look good in the airbrush cabinet!

Thanks for the comments. I actually like this airbrush now that I modified the springs and got it working. It has a nice light feel. There is a slight click when you push down on the trigger, but the pull back is very smooth. And, it's such a pretty thing.

I don't understand the Chinese manufacturers. Why would they go to the trouble to create this airbrush and then not put their name on it? And why make it so nice looking and blow it on head accuracy? If they established a reputation for quality they could sell it for much more. I have a mechanical pocket watch that I bought direct from China. It also cost about $12. It's a pretty thing too, a skeleton style with lids and windows on the front and back so you can see the movement. And again, it has no name. It runs fine, but the button that opens the lids is so stiff that it takes a really hard push to see what time it is. Why would they blow that? Surely they knew it was that way. It boggles my mind.

Don

I think I might just have that same pocket watch Don :d but on mine the button to open it is so touchy that the least little pressure will make it pop which kind of defeats the purpose of a pocket watch .

I think its just their mindset, how their economy works, and I assume its the only way they can compete. To us $12 may not be much, but for all we know thats what a family lives on for a week over there. I believe it takes a certain level of technology and development to compete with the US and Europe, and they just don't have it. So they go with what they got. Sure things might be rubbish, but they make billions of dollars a year selling it to us! If that airbrush sold for $200 you would laugh and buy an Iwata or something.

Back