Air brush stop (paint control)

S

Sandpiper

I'm using a Paasche VL and the only way to control the flow of paint (besides finger) is to roll the adjuster which moves the trigger back. This allows a certain amount of paint to flow but doesn't restrict rearward movement. I'd like to buy an AB that has an adjustment that allows as much air as I want but will only allow (through adjustment) the trigger to go back to a stop. This will allow me to use as much air as needed but will restrict the amount of paint.

Do other airbrushes have this type of stop?

Some have stops some don't, personally never liked them myself, single actions are pretty good at that kind of control also so may be worth a thought to chuck one in your box, when freehanding though I find any restriction on the trigger well, restrictive LOL..Best of luck m8 I'm sure others can throw ya some brand names or model types with such a feature..best of luck.

Some have stops some don't, personally never liked them myself, single actions are pretty good at that kind of control also so may be worth a thought to chuck one in your box, when freehanding though I find any restriction on the trigger well, restrictive LOL..Best of luck m8 I'm sure others can throw ya some brand names or model types with such a feature..best of luck.

Thanks rebel. After reading your reply I'm wondering if that type of restriction will hurt my learning curve.

Mmmm not really m8, its just a part of it..The only time I see something like that useful is in outlining like in cartooning or such, some peeps no doubt also use such a feature to control fine lines for texture or fine lines around eyes etc, but trigger control can do the same thing and really concentrating on that I do think is more important as you may not always be able to rely on a stop for every need and as mentioned in some cases it could actually restrict a need you may have..A lot of our line needs go from thick to thin or vica versa, not being able to move beyond a mechanical restriction may cause pause in a stroke and may not look quite as fluid, maybe good if you just want minimal movement on your trigger to save yourself from a whoopsie so no harm in having such an ability..Really depends also on the style of painting as it is a very useful feature for doing figure 8s as then you don't have to worry about pulling the trigger to far so it does also have some advantages, but I'd dare to say most freehand artists wouldn't often use such..

I have a badger krome and it has the needle stop in it all you have to do is turn the knob at the back of the brush and it will only allow the trigger to go back to your set point,but as Rebel said in his post I don't use it much as it is a restrictor to me at times when I paint.

The H&S Infinity has the best one on the market. Once you set it, it can be release by pulling backward on the knob. If you need to use it again, push the button on the tail end of the stop and you are at the exact same position. It is the only one like it, but like stated by others, I never use it.

Last edited:
like the other replies you got I never use the needle stops that are on my iwata brushes to stop my needle movement but only to balance the airbrush just the way I like it , a mac valve how ever is a whole different matter : I have one on every air hose with quick connect , it doesnt make you airbrush preform better nor your trigger control but it saves me a lot of time adjusting the pressure on the compressor

The Paasche Talon has the trigger stop as well as the Master G233 set. If you go through Walmart, you can get the master with a free hose for around $37.00 dollars.

Back