Airbrush Advice for the OCD impaired

I'm really just hoping for a smoother feel, I can really small lines out of my current brush, I actually fact the needle will be bigger on custom!! The expense is defiantly something I shuddered at when I looked at the parts pricing. The problem I have is that when I get a bit transfix I can not get on with general life. I don't know if it a mental illness or just my personality, but when I got into photography (which I've been doing 15 years) it was balls and all, ZIess lenses and Canon L glass all the way - work hard save hard, Same for my music studio, Ended up with hand wired valve equipment and top of the line processors and yes they make a huge difference in the smile on my face :)
I hoping this brush will just do that - A big grinning head, Also hoping for a smaller amount of control or a more predictable amount, looking forward to having a bigger so i can mix paint as I go, I starting painting about 2 months ago and found that I love mixing colours, the B cup is a tad small for that really. If making finer lines is now easier then that is a bonus too, I will find out by the weekend and report on what a neebie perceives.
The other brushes you mentioned will more than likely end up in my bag as time goes on :) Seem that Iwata is the most popular in Oz from what I found on the on line stores, only 1 had badger and it was pricey.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but I just wanted to get my action across, and mostly that I'm not expecting the brush to make me a better artist, only time and practice can do that, If you look at my art I have posted all A4 you can see that I'm trying hard and have some ability considering I only bought a brush 2nhalf weeks ago, I think the excitement of actually pulling off pics that look good (to the untrained eye) has fuelled my thinking.
If you want it buy it. I just try to make folks aware that it is not a end all be all brush and parts are costly.
But from the sound of things that is not an issue with you so go for it. But I do suggest bumping it up to the CM-C+ or even the Kustom CM-C+with the larger cup:D
Mixing in the cup is great as long as you know you have mixed enough for everything you want that color LOL

To late I Already bought it :) And I appreciate the words of wisdom, I already felt that the best thing for me was to stick with what I have, but when I adopt a new hobby especially one that I have dreamed of as wee boy my excitement takes over!!! I looked at the C+ but felt like I did not want to add more variables to my equation, Never though about the Custom brushes as I thought they were for Auto paints and I'm just doing art work, I get sucked in by phrases such as superior atomisation, more precise trigger etc, you get the idea. Please also Mr Micron do you have any tips on maintaining the piece??? any big no no's??? Any advice would be great received, Also I am not loaded with cash, but I do not drink, smoke, or like fast cars or cheap women, and I have a very young family with 3 beautiful children including identical twins so going out on expensive holidays ain't going to happen either, :)
Although there is a fair amount of cost involved in this hobby, it's not as bad as photography or music production - They have crippled me in the past ;(

I assume you are using Wicked paint or Illustration based paint by Createx.
Mainly any water base paint I will suggest you buy :5619 Airbrush Restorer – end of day, bath solution for airbrush to soak in for approx. 10 minutes. Dislodges dried paint for easy clean-up after scrubbing. Rinse with water after soaking. Restorer is reusable; store in metal can for multiple use. Do not spray through airbrush as a in-between cleaner. Biodegradable.
Soak only the head unit the rest of the brush you can clean easy. But you can use this on all your airbrushes . Plus you can reuse it , My bottle is 5 or 6 years old and it still cuts through the paint in the nozzle .

The C+ and the Kustom both that the Mac valve which at first I hated but now find myself using more and more.
I was an exact numbers man who wanted to know what exact pressure I was spraying at. Now I go my sound and feel of how the paint flows.
While the Kustom series is more designed for larger automotive work a lot are using it for art.
But I am sure in time you will get different version of the micron. You can also order the .18 head and needle until for it and make it a .18 instead of the .23
Plus you do not have to adjust the needle bearing due to needle shaft die is the same on both.
One day I will have this http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Kustom_Series_Kit :D
My kids tell me that they call my airbrushes Poke'mon I have to catch them all LOL

Oh and fast cars was my hobby from the time I was 8 and drove my first car . 200 mph with your ass on fire :D That is the way to go ..LOL
I do not drink I sip Moonshine only ,

Thanks for the tip, I'm very excited for the unboxing :)
200mph with your ass on fire smoking a fat one with a sore nose would take it to the next level for sure.... LOL
I like a shot of brandy or rum, but I'm pretty much over it.
Will grab the restorer and if its OK with you if I have any issues can I PM you??
Thanks once again.

Thanks for the tip, I'm very excited for the unboxing :)
200mph with your ass on fire smoking a fat one with a sore nose would take it to the next level for sure.... LOL
I like a shot of brandy or rum, but I'm pretty much over it.
Will grab the restorer and if its OK with you if I have any issues can I PM you??
Thanks once again.
Hell ya can pm me even if you do not have issue LOL
Plus I have not smoked a fat one since the 80's
Oh buy some good car polish for that pretty shiny red box :D that is if you bought the red box edition :D

And paints Im using are the E'tac PS and FX and Schminkie Aeros, also using the Trident paints but use the other more. Not sure what it comes in, I think its the red box!!! Yeah I haven't smoked for nearly a decade, :)

Just got my CM C and im so pleased I took the plunge :)
From a newbie perspective :- it feels better to hold, the trigger is so smooth, you can adjust the tension on the trigger. To me it looks like it sprays a nicer pattern super smooth, not sure if imagining it though, overall i cant wait to get stuck into her :)

If you really only want to go for Iwata, you only need an Eclipse and a Micron. The nozzles on those two are the easiest to clean and where the one lacks in ability, taking in account your own experience, the other can take over. Otherwise two H&S Evolutions will do the trick. One with a big cup and a .4 setup and the other with a small cup and ,15 setup.

Its what I'm finding is available easily which has to play a big part in decisions too. Im dead happy now, feel under the weather though so I think it will be a few days before I really get stuck in. :(

boat-itus i think is what most of us get...lol..... i havent taken the Micron plunge yet.. of course $$ is the problem and thanks @Mr.Micron for posting the link to Coast lol...now my wish list is even bigger...lol

boat-itus i think is what most of us get...lol..... i havent taken the Micron plunge yet.. of course $$ is the problem and thanks @Mr.Micron for posting the link to Coast lol...now my wish list is even bigger...lol
Hey Dream big , Live large and Captain that boat :D
Life is short , But I have yet to take the plunge and buy the full set but it is on my list .

Hey Musicmacd ....... I just posted that my wife bought me one (Micron SB) for my birthday (today heh heh) [it helped to have it on my birthday wishlist with links and even prices in one column and .... oh dear there was a brilliant price at Airbrush Megastore that just happened to be the last choice :) and now I can't get the grin off my dial .... (Hence why I'm typing this and NOT working!! :)

The trigger feel (maaaate it is so smooth) and the fact that I could get my finger laying properly across the top of it without 'cup obstruction' makes me deliriously excited to get paint into it ASAP. I have developed good small and low intensity skills as pushed by Mitch in his basic lesson ($99'ish on Airbrush Tutor) and that mainly occurred after upgrading from a H&S Ultra to a HP C+ and know I have a long way to go but this feels like a quality tool that I look forward to using. Funnily enough as a beginner I have (touch wood) NEVER dropped my airbrushes. Different dexterity skill levels perhaps?

I'm feeling a bit sick and think I have to go home early today boss....................!!!!!

My attitude is to always buy good tools because they're much more enjoyable to use and they're dependable and in many many cases they do perform SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Without putting paint in it yet, IT FELT GOOD! I don't care what the knockers say ... it felt good and I like holding tools and using tools that feel good to me. There's a time and place for cheap and my tools are not one of them!! My office keyboard, my blue tooth keyboard for my phone, my dirt bike tools, my motor bike, my welder, my butchering knife set, my binoculars, my hunting bow even my sextant - everything ... buy quality and you'll enjoy it. Even if you're NOT the best at it, you'll enjoy doing it because it feels good to you. If you got the money (or the loving wife) you go get that Mutha F'g Airbrush son! (which of course, you already have hahahaha) :) You're going to enjoy it ... even if you're not good at this, you're going to enjoy picking it up, putting paint in it and TRYING!

Felt the same way superman :)
Painting with the custom is more enjoyable too :) im stoked that I bought it and do regret it all. Congratulations, i also notice I get better spray and less tip dry, in fact Im loving my paints more more as well.

Back