Airbrush needle tip

J

jaystacy

After some issues with both my eclipse and neo I tried something that helped a lot. If you have a hobby lobby or store with lots of model supplies see if they have a pack of sand paper for sale. See if they have a 12,000 grit paper in there. I used this to buff/clean my needle and it helps a lot. I was amazed at the amount of black I got off a new needle.

I just layer needlet on it and rotated by hand not using much force to insure I didn't cut into the metal.

And for those with a neo if it is not working well and you have another airbrush I recommend buying the needle cap, nozzle, and needle to make it a .5 it works amazing for spraying pearl thru.

You can also polish it on a buffing wheel,same with the nozzle just have to be careful as it helps air flow around the needle

You can also polish it on a buffing wheel,same with the nozzle just have to be careful as it helps air flow around the needle
Done this at work, we have a leather polishing wheel, have to be very carefully not to change the shape of the needle but the results you get after looking at it with the Iwata magnifying thingy are amazing!

Done this at work, we have a leather polishing wheel, have to be very carefully not to change the shape of the needle but the results you get after looking at it with the Iwata magnifying thingy are amazing!
That's why I did it by hand less abrasion. Learned that from doing leather work.

That's why I did it by hand less abrasion. Learned that from doing leather work.
Yeah, I was afraid of that so I used a couple of old needles I had straightened out before I did a good one, I did a spray test on paper and could not find a difference:thumbsup: but it will definitely take some metal off if your not carefully, I sharpen scissors for the girls at work and I can get them so sharp with this wheel they will shave the hair off my arm, it has some really great polishing paste with it too.

Make friends with a watch maker, they have marvelous tools for playing with tiny things.

Back