Airbrush not working

K

Keys Ritual

I have an "Iwata Eclipse HP-CS" and for some reason the air shoots out but not the product in the cup... I've even tried putting water in the cup and that won't shoot out either.... I have replaced the needle as well as the nozzle tip in case they were damaged but still with no luck.... any ideas on how I can fix this... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it shoot paint without the needle ? What paint are u using ? Have u reduced it ? What air pressure are you spraying at ?Also silly question did you pull the trigger back for paint ? Give the magician s in here the details and I'm sure they will have u spraying in no time

I do pull back on the trigger, air shoots out but the paint doesn't shoot out... I used Ben Nye Magicolors mixed w/ Liquidset or European Body Art Airbrush body paints.... They use to work but then suddenly not even water shoots out but air still shoots out of it... I have changed the pressure and w/ no difference... It still doesn't shoot paint with the needle out of it...

Only advice I can give is make sure that nothing is blocked strip it down give it a good clean make sure seals are in tack. You have basically replaced the front end so once cleaned it should shoot paint

As far as I can tell the seals are intact... I even soaked it in vinegar so much it has removed some of the coating on the inside of the cup and still won't take from the cup

Make sure your new nozzle didn't get some junk in it clogging it up again.

Try putting water in the cup, put your mouth over the cup, pull back the trigger(don't push down) and blow hard. Water should come out of the nozzle in a straight, unbroken stream if it is clear.

Also check to see that your nozzle is protruding slightly from the air cap.

Good luck with it, Jim

tried all that... water only sprays out of it if I put my finger right near the hole

Firstly you should pop along to the introduction page and let everyone know were you are in the world what equipment etc what you plan on painting blah blah blah, that way makes it easier for folks to advise, getting back to your problem it sounds like there is a blockage somewhere between the cup and nozzle as steve has already said strip it down and give a real good cleaning check all seals etc, im no expert but thats what it sounds like to me, oh and if vinegar is lifting the chrome of thats a sign it aint good for ur brush

I've replaced all pieces in the nozzle and have yet to use paint since I replaced them cause they still don't work... So it's not blockage in the nozzle area... yea, Vinegar was just cause I was frustrated w/ the fact i've been trying to get this airbrush working for months to no avail

I've replaced all pieces in the nozzle and have yet to use paint since I replaced them cause they still don't work... So it's not blockage in the nozzle area... yea, Vinegar was just cause I was frustrated w/ the fact i've been trying to get this airbrush working for months to no avail
No i meant a blockage between the nozzle and the cup, behind were the nozzle is screwed in, again like i said i aint an expert but just what i think, there will be a more experienced guru along shortly.

No i meant a blockage between the nozzle and the cup, behind were the nozzle is screwed in, again like i said i aint an expert but just what i think, there will be a more experienced guru along shortly.

I'd agree with Matty, sounds like a clog between the cup and nozzle. Either that, or the nozzle isn't seating properly, but that generally causes bubbles in the paint cup.

Hi Keys, as mentioned above pop over to the intro section, people will want to say hi, and any info will help people point you in the right direction :)

You say you have replaced "all the pieces in the nozzle".
Iwata-Eclipse-Nozzle-6042.jpg
While it looks as though it should be 2 pieces, you should treat it as one piece. If you replace it, you should not take off the top part but replace the whole thing. If you have removed the top you may have damaged it, and it may not be correctly sealed. Air will come out, but will not have the suction to properly draw the paint out. Also check the channel from your cup towards your nozzle and make sure that area is clear.

I agree, a blockage between paint cup and outlet, however, are you sure the needle is responding to the trigger pull back? just a thought ;-)

Also make sure the needle chuck is tight, or the needle won't move and allow anything to come out.

The needle is moving, and I meant like the tip and nozzle, I didn't separate the nozzle into 2 pieces

I would be careful using those type of brushes, it can be easy to score the inside of the brush with metal parts.

Can you post pics of what you are taking apart and or a video?
An airbrush operates on very simple principles. With that brush, if you have air, and no paint, then it's clogged or you have it assembled wrong.

Can you post pics of what you are taking apart and or a video?
An airbrush operates on very simple principles. With that brush, if you have air, and no paint, then it's clogged or you have it assembled wrong.

Agreed a very simple concept. Only so many things that can cause the problem.

If you take off the head assembly and look into the end of the airbrush you should be able to see a blockage. Sounds like you replaced all of the parts that are in the front of the air brush.

Here's maybe a dumb question. Are you sure that when you hear the air coming out that it's coming out of the front of the air brush? Is it possibly coming out from the trigger area, and not the nozzle.

Back