Airbrush opinion

It is a made in China and an knock off to my understanding.
But being you have not made a proper introduction on here I do not know where you are from or what your goals are.
The Introduction section is easy to find http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Are you looking for a bottom feed?
Reading over it I can not make out what size nozzle it has either.
Iwata is a workhorse of a brand meaning their airbrushes last for decades and still work great.
The Eclipse comes in two forms the CS (.35 needle/nozzle) which is gravity feed and the BCS (.50 needle/nozzle) which is a bottom feed.

Looks like it is made for RC cars and slot from what I can google and has a .5 nozzle. Walmart sells this for $82.10. They do have a gravity feed model. My guess is that it is assembled in the US. There is a You Tube video with a lingerie model doing a review for their paints!

Sorry I haven't any experience of the Fascolor, I have however had experience with the Iwata and can recommend it with out a doubt.

Lee

As you guys have deduced, it is indeed going to be used primarily for painting R/C bodies. The only reason I raised the question is because its from the same brand of paint I would be buying.

I didn't really know if I wanted bottle feed or gravity feed, but seeing as faskolor sell adapters for a bottom feed brush that screw directly onto their bottles, I thought it might be convenient. Of course, it might restrict the detail since I believe most bottle-fed brushes have a larger needle.

I guess the Iwata is still the way to go :)

Imho, you guessed right.
The bottom fed brush would also require a slightly higher air pressure, as it has to drag the paint from the bottle, hence the need for more pressure.
That's not to say it won't work for you, and it has the advantage of a "clean" line of sight to your work, something gravity fed brushes don't.
It also has larger paint bottles so you have much less time between refills, and colour changes are simpler.
Remove the bottle you're using, connect one with cleaner, spray 'til it's clean, remove it then plug in your next colour jar.
I own and use a HPCS, so i may be a bit biased there, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, reliable brush, anytime.

Imho, you guessed right.
The bottom fed brush would also require a slightly higher air pressure, as it has to drag the paint from the bottle, hence the need for more pressure.
That's not to say it won't work for you, and it has the advantage of a "clean" line of sight to your work, something gravity fed brushes don't.
It also has larger paint bottles so you have much less time between refills, and colour changes are simpler.
Remove the bottle you're using, connect one with cleaner, spray 'til it's clean, remove it then plug in your next colour jar.
I own and use a HPCS, so i may be a bit biased there, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, reliable brush, anytime.

Thanks for the reply :) I guess I could get the best of both worlds and get the HPCS; it's both an Iwata AND a bottom bottle feed. The nozzle is slightly larger but I'm not drawing pin-stripes free-hand; I would be using liquid mask anyhow.

Also, pressure isn't really an issue for me with a 50L 180LPM compressor. The tank tops out at ~120 psi before the safety blow-off kicks in and the compressor stops.

Thanks for the reply :) I guess I could get the best of both worlds and get the HPCS; it's both an Iwata AND a bottom bottle feed. The nozzle is slightly larger but I'm not drawing pin-stripes free-hand; I would be using liquid mask anyhow.

The HP-CS is top feed and has a 0.35 nozzle. Bottom will be HP-BCS and has the 0.5 nozzle. Just remember to never use the liquid mask in the airbrush.

The HP-CS is top feed and has a 0.35 nozzle. Bottom will be HP-BCS and has the 0.5 nozzle. Just remember to never use the liquid mask in the airbrush.
Yeah I realised my error after I posted :p The liquid mask that is sold by a company called Bittydesign is supposedly safe to use in an airbrush, however they show it being used in an airbrush like the Iwata G5, which no doubt has a much larger nozzle. Having said that, would it not be safe to use the liquid mask in the HP-BCS as long as I thoroughly clean the needle afterwards?

It's not the needle that's the problem, it's the nozzle and the the other cavities. We use to spray Spraylat through a 1.2mm gun but cleaned it with lacquer thinners afterwards but I don't know how your mask will work through an airbrush.

Thanks, good info there. I was looking at this airbrush, what do you think about it?

http://www.artistsupplysource.com/p...vlstpro-double-action-airbrush-size-3-0-73mm/

PAA-VLSTPRO3L_1.jpg

I figured it would be good to start learning how to use a double action from the start too. Do I need a specific type of compressor that is made for airbrushes? Or can I use any type of air compressor? Any pointers on how to practice the art?

You can use just about anything that will give you a constant air supply at about 25-30 psi.
Although there are specific airbrush compressors, unless it is essential that they be quiet - like you're painting indoors, or in someone else's apartment - then it's not a concern, and any compressor will do.
As for practice; printer paper will do, but there are many other options.
A good one is to copy the practice sheets at airbrush tutor, get yourself an old picture frame with the glass in it, put the sheet you wish to practice in the frame, then paint on the glass.
You can get these from any charity shop for a couple of dollars.
Your sheet then becomes re-useable, and you learn to control your brush.
If you can do these exercises sucessfully on the glass, you can paint anything!
And at the end of it, just clean off the glass, and your good to go again.:)
At first, try an air pressure 25 -30 psi, and reduce paint about 5 to 1.
See what sort of lines you get, then maybe reduce some more.
There are heaps of tutorials and vids to get you started, but I recommend you do the one's from here, first.

Any comp. Should work as long as you got a regulator and a moisture trap. I should say that a good versatile airbrush is the Badger 360, its the best of both worlds...siphon or gravity fed all in one. I love mine. I believe its a .3 nozzle so itll get decent detail too.

Back