Airbrush, paint or technique?

M

MyEscape

Not sure if this is the right category but,
It takes me a really long time to build up colour, by the time I have a section dark enough the other is dry and it needs to be wet..
Can I get a wider paint spread so it builds up faster?
Also, When I try and do the newspaper trick, it never works I think it's due to the amount/thickness of paint, and the amount of time it takes to do a black to white colour change..
I'll add a picture of my 2nd ever attempt (so go easy lol)
showing you know what I mean.
Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you! IMG_20170804_102404.jpg

Seems to me you are trying to do Spray can (rattle can ) paint technique with an airbrush .
You would have to use an enamel or urethane paint with a slow reduce and an airbrush with a large nozzle to blast the paint on .
But now it is time to tell us more.
What airbrush are you using ?
What paints are you trying to do this with ?
What is the PSI/Bar you are spraying at.
and last but not least what are the temps and humidity where you are painting at ?

Seems to me you are trying to do Spray can (rattle can ) paint technique with an airbrush .
You would have to use an enamel or urethane paint with a slow reduce and an airbrush with a large nozzle to blast the paint on .
But now it is time to tell us more.
What airbrush are you using ?
What paints are you trying to do this with ?
What is the PSI/Bar you are spraying at.
and last but not least what are the temps and humidity where you are painting at ?

Thanks for replying! Oh so the good smelling paint
Yes, that was just the first technique that came up when I searched airbrush painting, and because I can't draw, decided to start with it.
I'm using a cheap workzone brand 53633-abg3, .3mm nozzle, double action 15-50psi but I have it on around 35psi, currently using airbrush water paints because it's what it came with. At the moment it's winter 13-17°c with around 70% humidity.

Some of the videos that come up on a search really do not apply to the airbrush or are not really suited for the beginner.
But just start with the dots and dagger strokes and try all the thing he shows in the videos.

Oh, ok... You can do the same thing with an airbrush and water based or water borne paint. You just have to put it on heavy to keep it wet long enough. Spraying water based colors this heavy will cause pigment migration (you'll see little circles start to form), but that can add to the effect you're after. I'm doing the same thing in this video using Createx Wicked Detail colors and I'm using saran wrap instead of newspaper.

Back