For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Another paper TerraSlate paper in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Retailer Reviews' started by basepaint, Dec 29, 2017.

1. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

While looking for synthetic paper i found TerraSlate paper company ans saw that they send out Free sample packs of there paper so I sent a request on line and received there package in the mail today. Comes with
    Sheets of paper 8 1/2x 11 inchs
    2 - 4 mil
    2- 7 mil
    2- 10 mill
    2- 14 mill
    So off I went to see if it would work for the AB?
    Here's my test spray with Golden high flow View attachment 51656
    It works Great and the price is great about 34 cents a piece mimn. order is 100 sheets
  2. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member!

Just remember, paper for art newds to last a long time. To play it is fine if rhe paper goes yellow in a year to but if you sell the artwork I don't think the client will be happy if the paper goes bad. I think it is only Dru's paper that is archivel.
    basepaint likes this.
  3. RichardH

RichardH Elite Member! Elite Member!

I bought some through amazon back in the fall and I really like it. It has a coating on top of the plastic base that takes paint very good. I think I tried it with E'tac and also Createx ill. Mine is the 7 mil weight. I also played with photoshop and made a very faint image to print on it since it is a laser jet printer paper. It scratches and erases very good. They advertise that it is made to print menu's and such on it without any water damage to it. @GregStith has used it also and I think I got the info from him about it. Windex will clean it good but don't use alcohol before cause it will remove the coating and will reveal the plastic base. Don't ask how I know. :eek:
  4. GregStith

GregStith Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Yes I have the paper and I can’t tell any difference in performance compared to the paper Dru sells. I’ve been painting on Clayboard recently for customers but when I get back to painting for myself I’ll be using the Terra Slate again. I got a 25 sheet pack when I ordered.
    Robbyrockett2 and basepaint like this.
  5. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Detail Decepticon!

Apparently this is as well
    Ultra-brilliant white paper provides increased contrast for blacks and higher intensity for color; Acid-free for increased quality and durability. TerraSlate will never yellow or disintegrate, even if left in direct sunlight or under water – ideal for archiving;
    GregStith likes this.