Any suggestions ??

F

frank artale

I am trying to figure out why I only have sold 15 Olympos mp-200c microns in the past 2 months at an average price under 150 cause I held a couple sales to gain interest. But basically i am asking 169 without teflon needle packing and 189 with teflon installed. All this by advertising on ebay , youtube, and "anything airbrush" on facebook.
Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I am trying to figure out why I only have sold 15 Olympos mp-200c microns in the past 2 months at an average price under 150 cause I held a couple sales to gain interest. But basically i am asking 169 without teflon needle packing and 189 with teflon installed. All this by advertising on ebay , youtube, and "anything airbrush" on facebook.
Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Live events and getaways, allow folks to try them out as mentioned in Mark's thread, I personally buy nothing form Ebay and I believe that a lot like me are afraid of anything coming from there so for a lot of folks it's hard to take anything serious, the ebay reputation is actually so bad that here in Holland only books are available there, everything else has to come from the UK or elsewhere in Europe.

Facebook and YouTube unfortunately are riddled with trolls, so you'll be be lucky if a half percent of the market you seek is actually there, you need to target airbrush specific media such as these forums and maybe even set up your own Olympos website, if I ever buy online I buy direct from the sellers website, advertisements in airbrush specific magazines is also an option.

Hi Frank, what's your opinion on olympos PB Series? Are they good airbrush?

I' d love one Frank but no work at the moment so no money to spend. When i get some cash coming in I may give you a call.

As for why you're not selling many, it could be that folks don't have spare cash available, even if they were $60 if you haven't got the $60 then they may as well be $6000. Like Malky said, live events, show folks how good they are, facebook is ok to get people interested but many like to try an airbrush before they buy, I know I do.

Lee

Near impossible to give any magic formula to increase your sales but perhaps one thing I wouldn't have done is your recent Comps. Extremely nice thing to do so don't get me wrong but was a flash in the pan, many who visit here may have not even known or had a chance to join in so stretch that kinda stuff out LOL, maintain a video for awhile on youtube instead of removing it straight away, do a series of video reviews or such as mentioned no doubt above. Rather than recent comp idea, perhaps a similar idea but best airbrushed picture or most imaginative or something to give beginners a chance to as they are your market, no point giving guns to those who don't need it LOL.

Most experienced airbrush artists on forums and such have their fave guns, some collect guns but I think the norm is we have what we have as we are only poor artists after all. Your best market potential I would guess are encouraging newbies to purchase above that "crappy" $40 brush most start out with..and likely that is the best market. Those more experienced will want the $600 odd dollar micron for some strange reason LOL, after all its likely gold plated too :)..I think some use their ability painting amazing artwork to sell their own wares or that "customized" for them. Some use their buying power or size to flood the market or offer awesome support, some do great reviews and encourage peeps in that way but most likely doing well in that area are well known in the game or have years of respect behind them..In other words your up against it so find your sales niche and keep on plugging away..But if you haven't already I'd strongly suggest a sales site of your own to at least link peeps too. I take no seller seriously who only advertises on FB, Youtube or Ebay. And its not hard to do without any real overhead.

Because the older people think Olympos is dead and the new people has never heard of them or think they are just another Iwata knock-off.

I don't have one because it is gravity feed and it's a mission and a half to get spares to South Africa. And I don't get responses from Ebay offers or Private Messages sent.

I know Olympos is a good brush but around here it's not a name many know,just about everything sold around here are badger or Iwata at the local art shops,so that might be a place to start as some have classes that you can teach if you wanted to start selling more

Your best market potential I would guess are encouraging newbies to purchase above that "crappy" $40 brush most start out with..and likely that is the best market.

I whole heartedly agree with Rebel Air, that would be your market

Back