Anyone tried FW Artists acrylic ink ?

Gareth White

Triple Actioner
I have a few questions on Daler Rowney FW artists Acrylic ink .

How erasable is it ?
Reduce with water or other reducer ?

It is very good and opaque. Not erasable but scratchable on the right surface. Very durable. Can be thinned with water but I have a mixture of distilled water and about 10% acrylic retarder that I use with it because tip dry is a nightmare especially with white.

I have used it and find it erasable to a point not as good as the liquitex inks. I use schollershammer paper lightly coated in varnish tho do im sure this helps me. As Andre says the white is a nightmare for tip dry

Thanks Matty. I am trying to find erasable media that I can source locally without having to pay the extortionate cost of shipping to Ireland. The only airbrushable media here seems to be acrylic inks, FW and some liquitex.

I guess I will get some comart from the UK.

Thanks Matty. I am trying to find erasable media that I can source locally without having to pay the extortionate cost of shipping to Ireland. The only airbrushable media here seems to be acrylic inks, FW and some liquitex.

I guess I will get some comart from the UK.
You can get Illustration colours from Simon Murray.

Hi Andre,

Yes I've bought from Simon Murray before, but I'm still trying to find my feet as far as paint is concerned and have some Createx paints, Detail Primary Set and Illustration Black, which I quite like. I don't want to spend too much in trying to decide which paint to settle with, so was looking for an alternative.

I have an art shop in belfast city centre called bradbury graphics, i get my liquitex and FW from them they also are online, i started with the com art paints and tried the liquitex and i now use them mostly

Apart from the aforementioned tip dry issues, I have used [ and still do ] FW inks for some of my works.
It has to be remembered that these do not perform exactly like acrylic a/b paints, but with reduction, will give you some of the best blendings of colour you can do, almost watercolour like in effect.
The sealing of your surface will help immensely with things like control over your ink.
Use them in conjunction with your other paints,for highlight colours and such. They work very well there.

Back