Atlantis airbrush?

J000seph

Detail Decepticon!
Does anyone know anything about "Atlantis" airbrushes?

I can't find anything out online about them. Where they were made, etc.

IMG_6108.JPG
IMG_6109.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG

No clue. Im sure somone on here knows something about them.

My guess is that it's a company that's no longer around. I just thought it was strange that I can't find anything out about it. It looks like an HP-C to me. I was curious if it was a privately branded Fuso Seiko manufactured brush? When I get it in the mail in a day or two I will compare the parts to my HP-C...

My guess is that it's a company that's no longer around. I just thought it was strange that I can't find anything out about it. It looks like an HP-C to me. I was curious if it was a privately branded Fuso Seiko manufactured brush? When I get it in the mail in a day or two I will compare the parts to my HP-C...

It's just another knock off with a brand on it, I had a brush identical to this but the back handle was red and it was called "Black bull" it's a thrower I'm afraid, don't wast money on it, sot needles, rubber seals and permanent clogging issues, I've just seen you're waiting for it in the mail:eek: it would have been easier on your pocket if you had asked before ordering it:(

Screenshot (27).png

With the black handle and the serial number in that position it looks like it's from Olympos for someone else.

With the black handle and the serial number in that position it looks like it's from Olympos for someone else.

Every knock off everywhere looks like an Olympos or an Iwata, that's what makes them knockoffs, those are are branded are upped in price to make less knowledgeable folks think they are better than the unbranded $20 crap:)

Yeah probably cheap junk. I learned a long time ago, with many things, you get what you pay for. I hope it works well for you.

IMG_6113.JPG

The engraving seems to date it as an older brush. I don't think there were as many knockoffs as there are today. Used to be just a handful of companies making airbrushes. That's why I guessed Fuso Seiko. It doesn't have the telltale "rings" on the cup like most new knockoffs.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the serial number also. Not many brushes have that.

IMG_6117.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG

The serial number seems to be about the same size, location, and font as Olympos. I will do a better comparison when I get it.

The handle looks like the style on my Olympos MP-200c.

I found a "Siki" with the same model number: HP-102
IMG_6121.JPG

View attachment 47179

The engraving seems to date it as an older brush. I don't think there were as many knockoffs as there are today. Used to be just a handful of companies making airbrushes. That's why I guessed Fuso Seiko. It doesn't have the telltale "rings" on the cup like most new knockoffs.

If it's not a knock off, it's a knock off of a knockoff, lol it is identical to the one I had except of the colour of the handle, on the site where I found the photo I posted, there were four other photos of the same brush but two of those didn't have the rings and and three had and three had a had closed nozzle protector instead of the crown in photo I posted, it's definitely a knock off, not what you were hoping to hear but it is so I'm afraid.

The practice of knocking off began soon after the practice of making genuine articles, in other words as soon as something knew comes on the market, some one else is knocking it off, those silly little tow wheeled skateboard thong are probably a good example, but people have even been known to knock off crocodiles:)

If it's not a knock off, it's a knock off of a knockoff, lol it is identical to the one I had except of the colour of the handle, on the site where I found the photo I posted, there were four other photos of the same brush but two of those didn't have the rings and and three had and three had a had closed nozzle protector instead of the crown in photo I posted, it's definitely a knock off, not what you were hoping to hear but it is so I'm afraid.

The practice of knocking off began soon after the practice of making genuine articles, in other words as soon as something knew comes on the market, some one else is knocking it off, those silly little tow wheeled skateboard thong are probably a good example, but people have even been known to knock off crocodiles:)

Or... if it is old, it could be a "hand piece". I'm leaning more towards it being like an Olympos or the Siki. Wishful thinking maybe :)

Or... if it is old, it could be a "hand piece". I'm leaning more towards it being like an Olympos or the Siki. Wishful thinking maybe :)

Where did you order it from, didn't the seller have anything to say about it? as soon as have look in the cup and the trigger housing and check the needle packing, you'll probably find the packing is weak rubber and the rest is badly tarnished, probably even black as result,

Where did you order it from, didn't the seller have anything to say about it? as soon as have look in the cup and the trigger housing and check the needle packing, you'll probably find the packing is weak rubber and the rest is badly tarnished, probably even black as result,

It's just for fun. Got it for a bargain. The guy knew nothing about it.

It's just for fun. Got it for a bargain. The guy knew nothing about it.

I would guess the got it in one of those cheap starter sets or from someone else who had one of those and only had the brush left, if you got just for fun, I hope it's fun you get, :)

I'm curious to see what it can do, if anything.

Back