Badger Krome was bad

RichardH

Detail Decepticon!
I had to send my Badger Krome back to the repair shop and they emailed me they were sending me a new one back. It was leaking paint where the cup met the body. It actually leaked from the day I got it but only when I filled it up more than just a little bit that I used it for. I kept wondering where the drops were coming from but never thought it was from a rough fit where the cup and body meet. I thought it was from me mixing in the cup or just plain clumsy. I had a friend come over and was showing him what I was working on and he picked up the brush and said " you have a leak". Looked close and it had run down the body on the side I can't see good when brushing and was dry.
I called Badger and the lady said just send it all back with no problem repairing it.
Pretty neat with no hassle.
I did have to pay for shipping to them and enclosed a check for $12.00 for shipping back to me but it will be a new one ( I hope it isn't a problem with anything else.)
It was a new one I bought in February.
Should get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Richard

Good form Badger... shame about the poor quality sneaking through.
It happens now and again even to the top named brush's as you cant check every piece,Most company's spot check them pulling a few from the line and putting them thru the paces,Just good to know badger stands behind its brush's:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Their warranty is lifetime and no questions asked. I think if someone abused one they would charge for the parts but since it was mfg. defect there was no charge except postage. Nice to know their are some company's still around that honor a problem. They got my vote.

Richard

I bought a Badger Patriot and I love it. I was curious as to if they had a needle guard/crown cap. So I shot'email an email asking, they said yeah they do. Then I get an email from Ken asking if I needed Urgent help. Which I didn't, but I think it is very very cool that the man sent me a the email. He's the ceo@airbrushaction.com and owner and he took the time to do that.
That alone surprised me and told me that they care for the customers. I truly respect that!
BTW I am new here. I like all that I have read, very helpful. I want to say thanks to all here for any help I may find. You guys rock!

Hi Devils Breath Gfx. Welcome. Pop over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself, where you are in the world, what equipment you have, what kind of ABing you're into etc. People will want to give you a proper welcome, and the info can help with advice later.....oh, yeah, plus we are really nosy lol

Hi Devils Breath Gfx. Welcome. Pop over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself, where you are in the world, what equipment you have, what kind of ABing you're into etc. People will want to give you a proper welcome, and the info can help with advice later.....oh, yeah, plus we are really nosy lol

I'll do the intro for sure. As for the nosey part... I don't care, sall good. Lol
Thanks for the tip on the intro.

I bought a Badger Patriot and I love it. I was curious as to if they had a needle guard/crown cap. So I shot'email an email asking, they said yeah they do. Then I get an email from Ken asking if I needed Urgent help. Which I didn't, but I think it is very very cool that the man sent me a the email. He's the ceo@airbrushaction.com and owner and he took the time to do that.
That alone surprised me and told me that they care for the customers. I truly respect that!
BTW I am new here. I like all that I have read, very helpful. I want to say thanks to all here for any help I may find. You guys rock!
Ken is a great guy! Ive talked to him several times on the phone. Hes always right on the ball to correct problems.
I had to send my Badger Krome back to the repair shop and they emailed me they were sending me a new one back. It was leaking paint where the cup met the body. It actually leaked from the day I got it but only when I filled it up more than just a little bit that I used it for. I kept wondering where the drops were coming from but never thought it was from a rough fit where the cup and body meet. I thought it was from me mixing in the cup or just plain clumsy. I had a friend come over and was showing him what I was working on and he picked up the brush and said " you have a leak". Looked close and it had run down the body on the side I can't see good when brushing and was dry.
I called Badger and the lady said just send it all back with no problem repairing it.
Pretty neat with no hassle.
I did have to pay for shipping to them and enclosed a check for $12.00 for shipping back to me but it will be a new one ( I hope it isn't a problem with anything else.)
It was a new one I bought in February.
Should get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Richard
Im nosey...Im gonna ask Jesus what the deal was with it

Hey Michele, it was leaking where the cup mated to the body. Not sure how the cup is attached to the body. Maybe an electronic weld but it did leak. Not much but I think when I maybe back flushed it, it would run down the body and drip a little.
Got an email with tracking number and it will be here Monday.
I really like the fine line I could get with it. Can't afford a CM so this is the best for the money in my opinion.

Richard

Hey Michele, it was leaking where the cup mated to the body. Not sure how the cup is attached to the body. Maybe an electronic weld but it did leak. Not much but I think when I maybe back flushed it, it would run down the body and drip a little.
Got an email with tracking number and it will be here Monday.
I really like the fine line I could get with it. Can't afford a CM so this is the best for the money in my opinion.

Richard
Glad to hear it!! I talked to Jesus last night. Somehow this slipped through the cracks!! It was a manufacuter defect for sure

No problem. It's good to talk to HIM every now and then. I'm sure in this day and time HE is very busy listening.
Um...are you thinking Im talking about God? Jesus (pronounced Hey zus), is who runs the repairs at Badger lol......Or maybe I read that wrong?:D

Um...are you thinking Im talking about God? Jesus (pronounced Hey zus), is who runs the repairs at Badger lol......Or maybe I read that wrong?:D
Sorry Michele, I thought you was talking to you know who.:eek:ops::eek:ops: I thought for a minute when I read that, why is she telling me that.o_Oo_OI fully mistook who you was talking to. My brain is so old and muddy. I only talked to a lady there when I called about it. lollollollollollollollollollol
Please forgive me for thinking different and I apologize

Richard.

Sorry Michele, I thought you was talking to you know who.:eek:ops::eek:ops: I thought for a minute when I read that, why is she telling me that.o_Oo_OI fully mistook who you was talking to. My brain is so old and muddy. I only talked to a lady there when I called about it. lollollollollollollollollollol
Please forgive me for thinking different and I apologize

Richard.
Lol!! No worries!! I was laughin when I was reading it lol

Who knows Jesus the nice guy in sandals of Nazareth, and Jesus pronounced Heyzus of Badger, could be the same guy. Anyone seen them in the same room together at the same time ??

I got the Krome from Badger today and shot some etac and it doesn't leak.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Now to get busy and paint something worth looking at.lollol

Richard
Great stuff. Before you start painting, strip it completely and give it a proper clean. Seal all the threads and lube the needle.

Great stuff. Before you start painting, strip it completely and give it a proper clean. Seal all the threads and lube the needle.

Thanks AndreZA. Will do that now so I don't forget. All I have for lube is some Iwata blue stuff until I get something better or different. I've read a lot of pro's and con's about all of the lubes but that is all I have for now. Are there any other lubes that might be better?????

Richard

I wont use it anymore, it eventually gums things up.
I used it once on the air valve, never again, there are several threads on the pro's and con's of lube.

K33 needle balm is getting some good reviews but freight is prohibitive to Australia, so I do without.

Back