Badger Krome

S

shadow2462

I don't think I posted to this thread previously, but if I did it would have looked something like this.... I use the badger Velocity', in fact I have two of them and although I have never the Iwata brand that tons of folks recommend and swear by I am sure they are great. I now just picked up my new toy the Badger "Krome

I have to say that at first looks it feels heavier ... the velocity weighs 3.875 oz. and the Krome weighs 4.0 oz. It feels comfortable but the black piece for grip I think will not stay because it moves around and could be a problem. I cant wait to paint with it because the trigger feels smother and more controllable.

Attachments

• 20150805_141719.jpg
    20150805_141719.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 27
  • 20150805_141747.jpg
    20150805_141747.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20150805_143510.jpg
    20150805_143510.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for issues with post, I,m using a new laptop.

You can either tighten the screw in the black grip piece or remove it. I don't know why they include it already fitted to the Krome and Sotar. It is totally in the way the way I hold an airbrush. And because they screwed it tight, damagez4the coating underneath. Maybe the chrome coating is heavier than the black coating on the Velocities.

I'll second what AnreZE said. I have a Sotar rather than a Krome, but I found the grip piece to be unfavorable as well. Was kind of interested to try it at first (and I'll admit it does make the brush look fancier), but after trying it with the grip piece both on and off, off was definitely better, ergonomically.

Ya know, I never even seen the set screw until you said something AndreZA.... the hole actually had plastic shavings in it and disguised it. With that said I still may take it off but thanks for the heads up!

Funny on my Krome the needle stop screw never moves unless I set it. But on my Micron I just take it off cause it will work loose anyway LOL
Congrats on the Krome.

Thanks Herb, it's no micron but a brush is on as good as it's user so I hope I can turn it into a magic wand in my hand. lol

Thanks Herb, it's no micron but a brush is on as good as it's user so I hope I can turn it into a magic wand in my hand. lol
Mine work as good as my Micron, The only thing I notice different is the micron does atomize the paint a lot finer but as a detail brush and for the price it is a hard one to beat.

Congrats, I tried to buy one but for whatever reason mine the hold down ring had a gap, first I thought it was loose so I tried tighten it up but no such luck, return it and got another one, same problem with a smaller gap. So I decided to get a refund after that. May be it was not meant to be. I will post some photos I took of the two AB.

Anyway, congrats again.

Ohhhh congrats!!! As we all know, I LOVE MY KROMES!!!! I have one being serviced at this time. Great purchase!!
Thanks Meesh. but we all know the lady folk loves da bling, any shinybright will almost certainly render the female species subdued..... well for a few minutes at least. LMAO

Congrats, I tried to buy one but for whatever reason mine the hold down ring had a gap, first I thought it was loose so I tried tighten it up but no such luck, return it and got another one, same problem with a smaller gap. So I decided to get a refund after that. May be it was not meant to be. I will post some photos I took of the two AB.

Anyway, congrats again.

The hold down ring on my Sotar has a huge gap too. Dunno what it's about though, as it seems to hold the tip firmly as intended and without air leaks 'round the threads. By all indications it seems to be just cosmetic, but I dunno.

Mind you when it first arrived a lot of the threads were rather gritty, to the point where the regulators had a hard time screwing down properly (so there was a small gap there too). I lapped all the threads in the head assembly with Flitz, and now everything fits smooth and snug... but there's still a .5mm gap (sounds small, but looks huge) between the hold down ring and the nozzle head.

I plan to spray a bit of paint to see how it performs and maybe attempt a review. With that being said I guess it is better to have found out now but with the luck I have I noticed an air leak in one of my Velocity's and today I found it! 20150806_200556.jpg Whats wrong with this picture? lol the air valve body separated from the airbrush body, it appears the method of assembly ( I think it is silver soldered) came undone. I'm just glad it happened now instead of mid way into my mural project so I guess I'm gonna send it to Badger tomorrow to be fixed, if anyone knows the process and or exactly where it needs to be sent id appreciate it. Oh, and before anyone asks....NO it was never dropped.

Well it appears it might be a common issues in badger airbrushes this gap between the shell and the hold down ring. Sorry to see your Velocity go through that. I have one and the Spirit and so far no problems. The problems I was getting was becuase I was not reducing the paint enough so I was getting skips and not a good solid line, but thanks to Jagardn I was able to solved that problem bynusing different paint. Thanks Jeff.

I plan to spray a bit of paint to see how it performs and maybe attempt a review. With that being said I guess it is better to have found out now but with the luck I have I noticed an air leak in one of my Velocity's and today I found it! View attachment 38205 Whats wrong with this picture? lol the air valve body separated from the airbrush body, it appears the method of assembly ( I think it is silver soldered) came undone. I'm just glad it happened now instead of mid way into my mural project so I guess I'm gonna send it to Badger tomorrow to be fixed, if anyone knows the process and or exactly where it needs to be sent id appreciate it. Oh, and before anyone asks....NO it was never dropped.
if you do the review can you please include, if it is not to much to ask, a comparison between the velocity and the krome, parts and performance? I am still considering to just buy the trigger system that the krome has and put it on the velocity.
Thank you and enjoy the new toy.

Ive always loved my Krome. Probably use it 95% of the time, the other 5% my Badger 360 for the large coverage (although it does decent detail too). That being said Im still drooling for a micron or HP-SB :). Anywho, grats on the Krome Shadow :)

I plan is a to spray a bit of paint to see how it performs and maybe attempt a review. With that being said I guess it is better to have found out now but with the luck I have I noticed an air leak in one of my Velocity's and today I found it! View attachment 38205 Whats wrong with this picture? lol the air valve body separated from the airbrush body, it appears the method of assembly ( I think it is silver soldered) came undone. I'm just glad it happened now instead of mid way into my mural project so I guess I'm gonna send it to Badger tomorrow to be fixed, if anyone knows the process and or exactly where it needs to be sent id appreciate it. Oh, and before anyone asks....NO it was never dropped.
Go to badger airbrush.com, click on support, and there is a form on there for ya to print off, tells ya exactly what to do. I had to call there monday and aske where my Krome 2 was at, and get the damn thing back to me.

Yes thank you Queen Meesh, I remembered there was a business card in the case it came with so I checked it out. I am curious though why we are not supposed to send it in the case, you would think it would be more secure in it as opposed to being kicked around by postal service lol such is life!

Back