For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Becoming a donating member WHY

Discussion in 'Becoming a member' started by ferret, Apr 3, 2012.

1. ferret

ferret Needle-chuck Ninja

Hi to all .WHY did i recently become a paid member of this great free site ,because i felt i wanted to give something back to help Mitch to help him achieve his goal of producing the best AB site on the net .There are only positives that will come along from more members subscribing .Mitch has already stated about T shirts DVD `s etc but because of the interest from us the end user it will not be too long in my opinion that various manufactures and supplies will get on the band wagon and we will benefit from discounts etc on there products .This is how its worked out on another forum i am on and i have had back my subscription /donation 50 times over .I see no reasons for it not working here as suppliers see us as the ready made captive audience .Personally i feel what Mitch has given us already is worth it on its own .So for the price of a pack of cigarettes or a pint and half of beer in the Uk and just a little more than 1 gallon of fuel you could be a member .There are other options available if you wish to do so .The main reason i have done it ,is i want this forum to continue and believe donating will really help .No i am not on commission lol and the opinions expressed are my own and are not intended to offend anyone .
    GothRik likes this.
  2. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I couldnt agree more. Mitch has graciously spent time and money to provide an environment where like minded people can come, talk about triumphs and failures, as well as provide honest feedback on products as well as offer a guiding hand. Yes there are other sites out there, but i like Mitch's down to earth approach (no airs and graces on our little aussie superstar) and the fact that this site has an australian base, the info is a little more relevant than an overseas site.

I could choose to go to a formal training session, in some classroom somewhere, at a time and place that probably doesnt suit me, be intimidated by the talent of the rest of the group and come away with a sense of disappointment that the tutor seems a little less than enthusiastic or I could put some money into Mitchs pocket for a job well done, make use of his video tutorials at a time that suits me, gain a world (literally) of knowledge from people who have more than likely already tried everything i could ever dream possible. Learn from others mistake, stare in awe at the amazing talent that some people seem to be born with, and all the while i will be sitting in my comfortable chair, with a nice hot coffee and soaking up every bit of information i can.

I have no hesitation in signing up as an 'elite' (although i'm not sure i'm comfortable with that wording Mitch) Mitch wont become a millionaire from memberships (I work in IT and believe me it will take more than membership fees from a single forum to do that) but with any luck, with some help from us he will be comfortably compensated for his time and effort into making this forum what it is. a great place :)
    GothRik and airbrushtutor like this.
  3. polybuilder

polybuilder Spider Splatterer

It is all definitely wort it... I will be subscribing very soon.

A big thanks to all who spend their time in keeping this great forums running!!

I visit this place most everyday (look forward to it actualy:))... just looking at the rest of the members work and progress is just unmissable!! and there's always a bit of craic (great fun) to be had around here... it deffo puts a smile on my face and a good laugh here and there too :D. The amount of learning I get from all you guys is just priceless...

Keep up the good work... and I almost forgot... Spread The Love!!!

James
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    GothRik likes this.
  4. ayr-worx

ayr-worx Needle-chuck Ninja

Agreed to all comments, this site is an excellent source for information on how to airbrush and Mitch is extremely talented and has a way of teaching this skill. I just joined today...
    GothRik likes this.
  5. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

st paid..

I didn't realise there was a subscription option, so immediately paid up, this is an excellent site and I know ho wmuch time and effort the I.T can soak up, let alone keeping everyone happy and putting up tutorial after tutorial, well done Mitch many thanks..
    GothRik likes this.
  6. torben

torben Spider Splatterer

When I first looked into airbrushing I found Mitch's vids and I started learning ...then I found this forum. No offense to ppl that have not subscribed as there may be millions of individual reasons but I personally believe in paying for what I consume. Give and take - and I take from every post I read and picture I click on. The subscription is to keep that running and return a little something for Mitch's efforts.
    Special deals...I'll look into that when they are available ;)
    Cheers
  7. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

well that gives me something to think aboot after all if it weren't for ferret joining first and if i weren't lazy when mitch first started this forum Thain i would not now have such a cool name as AIR BRUSHING FERRET lol i first tried ferret but it was already taken and that was at the beginning lol just kidding around with you ferret what are the details how much will it cost sounds cool to me as long as mitch isn't using the money for a souped up orange anodized micron lol just kidding
  8. airbrushingferret

i learned a load of stuff here i had a problem a while ago with my velocity i had to make a you tube video if the forum existed back thain i could have just asked wy is this doing this
  9. Graywolf

Graywolf Spider Splatterer

I have one question and that is how much does it cost in usa funds Thanks
  10. jagardn

jagardn Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient Elite Member!

Here is the page with member benefits, there is a link on the page to the payment area, it is $30.

http://www.airbrushforum.org/becoming-member/7-members-benefits.html

I personally didn't do it for any benefit of my own besides the wealth of information of the members.
    I felt that something like this needs funding to keep going, and the benefit that the forum members provide is well worth it.
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  11. airbrushingferret

il do it as soon as possible i have to get 1 spare needle nozzle set for the krome and micron andafter that il probly do it
  12. airbrushingferret

lol i joined the forum after ferret and when i saw user name i typed ferret and it said the name was taken already or something like that and i was like DANG so i typed airbrushing ferret ... true story ....just thought id throw that in
  13. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Well, I've been on here for about a year now and I felt it was time to support this great community. I love being a part of such a giving and supportive bunch of people and know that if I have any problems with ABing, the answers are here. Thanks to all for a great year! Cheryl :)
  14. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

good job cheryl and thank you also for all your input
  15. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Thank you Cheryl very much, it really does help, your a diamond :)
  16. MrDigBick

MrDigBick Moist and Milky Elite Member!

Yes! Wait till you get your superpower. Each elite member gets a power. For some reason mine was the ability to attract other men in bars ...
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  17. 4d!

4d! Elite Member! Elite Member!

I ended up with the super power of every attractive woman I want to date always puts me in the dreaded friend zone.... I feel like a starving man who owns a grocery store but cant eat :/
  18. CALz AyrWKz

Gee, I was waiting for my superpower to kick in. LOL I was hoping it would make me an instant super airbrusher!! NOT! :hypnotysed:
  19. MrDigBick

MrDigBick Moist and Milky Elite Member!

Good luck with that one mate.
    The powers that be here are wiered finky kuckers. For example you'll get your wish but, with every dagger stroke you do you will have a mans trousers fall down in return. Exposing his gentleman sausage right infront of you whilst you're at the mall, in a restaurant, at the cinema etc etc.
    With great power comes great responsibility Cheryl...

* some old guys trousers just dropped to the floor in the library...... Are you painting?
  20. CALz AyrWKz

Now I'm afraid ... LOL