Beginner airbrush clog and splatter

@Tnessi - it looks like you've got some good points here. How about going to the intro page and introducing yourself to us... Where are you from, what gear do you have, what you paint, why you started airbrushing, that sort of thing! Always polite to do so when you are new to a forum... :)

If your taking a break just do a quick shake of the cup and then a blast of air and paint to blow all the dry paint off the tip and you should be good
If your changing color in the cup dump the paint and rinse the cup with water if its a water base paint if not use the correct cleaner for the paint, then refill the cup again with water and backflush(bubbles will come up in the cup along with what paints in the airbrush itself) then dump the paint out and spray some water thru it,then add the next color paint and do a quick test spray and you should be good to go!
Awesome!! very helpful

@Tnessi - it looks like you've got some good points here. How about going to the intro page and introducing yourself to us... Where are you from, what gear do you have, what you paint, why you started airbrushing, that sort of thing! Always polite to do so when you are new to a forum... :)
Okay, I'll check it out

I'm using a .35 but generously adding 2-Thin. do you recomend anything else than to add more reducer, I'm using a Neo compressor, so i'm limited on my pressure choices.

If you wish to continue doing sneakers etc then you will need to upgrade your compressor. Mr Micron has already explained why above.

the actual working pressure for the Neo compressor is between 1 - 15psi, (pressure at the airbrush when the trigger is depressed) depending what setting you have it on and it will be prone to overheating if used for an extended amount of time.

Unfortunately you have done what a lot of people do, jumped in feet first and didnt fully research what equipment was required to do what you want.

Your first item on your shopping list should be a compressor fit for purpose, something with a working pressure of 60psi with a regulator and tank.

Createx Wicked and Wicked Detail will work on pretty much anything with the proper surface preperation / reducer etc

You still havent made an introduction so we have no idea where you live in the world so cannot suggest local reputable retailers. You have also not told us which line of Angelus Paint you are using, there will be differences between the Dye, you may 'get by' with the .35 needle with sufficient reducer and dont even attempt to get the Metalic/glitter through the .35 you'll only give yourself a headache that cant be resolved without a larger needle.

Back