black paint discoluration?

T

tony54321

hello I just started to airbrush paint and really love it but sometimes my black paint"wicked detail"looks brown at times?

Yes it does... is it a question? or a statement! :) My High flow looks brown as well... it's the base they use for it.

Anyway, welcome along, can I get you to pop along to the intro page and say hi? What a[art of the world are you in, gear you use, what you paint, that sort of thing.

Here is the link. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Cheers Mark

This has been covered many time here , Some black will pick up a blue tint while other will look brown depending on the pigments size and mixture.

You can add violet to give it more of a black look . But what are you trying to do ? Blend back into a black back ground ?
painting on black paper , it is hard to tell you what to do when we really do not know what your goal is .

You can add violet to give it more of a black look . But what are you trying to do ? Blend back into a black back ground ?
painting on black paper , it is hard to tell you what to do when we really do not know what your goal is .[/QUOTE I'm using a black backround and after a few coats of white the detaling turns brown.

when I'm added the black details to white things look brownish

Yes it does... is it a question? or a statement! :) My High flow looks brown as well... it's the base they use for it.

Anyway, welcome along, can I get you to pop along to the intro page and say hi? What a[art of the world are you in, gear you use, what you paint, that sort of thing.

Here is the link. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Cheers Mark
its a question I really hoping for just black and white paintings for illustration and murals. tony

try keeping to just a white substrate and just paint black on it rather than add black over white paint. sometime easier said than done though

So mainly your doing monochromatic paintings , When I am doing a painting on white back ground I never use white paint at any time.
Black and white do not always play well with each other , They will both give a color shift , White over black =blue shift black over white can give brown.
Erasing your super bright areas and letting the over spray act as a gray scale effect will help a lot. Also over reducing your black (I almost always will add a touch of violet to my black ) will allow you to build the black at a more controlled pace. That will also keep you from going to dark to fast.

So mainly your doing monochromatic paintings , When I am doing a painting on white back ground I never use white paint at any time.
Black and white do not always play well with each other , They will both give a color shift , White over black =blue shift black over white can give brown.
Erasing your super bright areas and letting the over spray act as a gray scale effect will help a lot. Also over reducing your black (I almost always will add a touch of violet to my black ) will allow you to build the black at a more controlled pace. That will also keep you from going to dark to fast.
thanks !ill go buy some violet!

I think it was Javier Soto on one of his videos where he said adding violet to your black keeps it looking black and alive.

Back