For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Boy, are there crap out there...

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by AndreZA, Jan 11, 2017.

1. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

Just for sh!ts and giggles I bought a $12 beauty airbrush and compressor off ebay. It even had free shipping. I still think I wasted my money.

I though I could use a few parts like the trigger or maybe the handle. But this is a single action gun and the trigger is attached to the airvalve. The handle is the thinnest aluminium you can find and this throws the balance of the gun out completely. The compressor is basically an airpump for a fish tank. It even has a high and low setting. The chroming on the body is actually very nicely done. On par if not slightly better than my Olympos.

The hose just pushes onto the gun and the compressor. You press start Power and the little machine started dancing. It's got little cone shaped feet but the machine is too light to make it sit still. Press Power again and the revs increase and there is a slightly louder noise but the extra air is almost non existent. The air keeps on flowing you and you can only control the paintflow on the airbrush. You don't have to push down,, only pull back. I filled the cup with air and it is actually spraying. I dump the water and try paint. The Etac straight out of the bottle is too thick. I ad 5 drops of water and still nothing. Another 5 drops and it gives a spatter effect. After about another 10 drops water, I get a much finer spatter effect. Another few drops and that was too much for the paint. Now it is spraying dirty water and not even very well either. The needle is not sealing against the nozzle so it is spraying paint the whole time.

I cleaned it and put it away. It will make a nice example to show people what not to buy.

beauty_airbrush_sml.jpg
  2. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Turn it into a pipe...
    DaveG, Basstrack238 and Ricky Spanish like this.
  3. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

Lmao!! Thats cute !
  4. MarcosD

MarcosD Gravity Guru

I'm looking for a portable compresor to take to my work, how can I know if it is a fish tank air pump? I was thinking in doit myself with a 12v tire mini compressor and 1kg fire extinguisher!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  5. Basstrack238

Basstrack238 Needle-chuck Ninja

That's funny stuff!
  6. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

Those compressors are very noisy.
  7. DaveG

DaveG Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

it gets even more confusing :)

twins-from-diff-mothers.jpg
    The brush on the top cost $37 us, and is crap. I tried to work with it, as I had done with another smaller brush I purchased from the same company, but it is crap. The one on the bottom cost $21 and is a gem. By simply replacing the needle I would add this brush to my inventory of usable brushes, and use it day in and day out along side of some of my other very well known brushes...

They may look the same, but even the diameter of the bodies varies, as well as every other part on them. The bottom one is also shorter, in addition to being slimmer...
    AndreZA likes this.