can I spray this ?

What paint are you using, what are you using to reduce it, what needle do you have in the airbrush ?
if we dont have all the relevant info we cant provide a relevant answer.
0.5 needle, white opaque wicked, no reducer. I have reducer,just didn't use it -.-

edit:55psi

Tip dry is only an issue with me because I don't reduce my white enough when playing on black cloth (T shirts, banners, etc.) or raw wood (think reclaimed pallet wood) which, if using vinyl stencils my first coat is rattle can matte clear. Shirts, I use trans base on the whole paint area...

As a PS: my 175 Badger has the .5 set-up @ +/- 30 to 40 psi (depends on conditions in the studio). I've always reduced my white, sometimes just no enough...

As a PS: my 175 Badger has the .5 set-up @ +/- 30 to 40 psi (depends on conditions in the studio). I've always reduced my white, sometimes just no enough...
Thanks for the tip, I am gonna try to play with reducer and white to see what I will get. This winter will be interesting one. :) And in the summer I will have awesome t-shirt :D
Damn, this sounds weird. 6 months for a t-shirt :)

Last edited:
It means a short winter. I don't do a lot of airbrushed T shirts, just for friends & special occasions, never a rush, about a week or so, 15 - 20 minutes at a clip. Heat transfer vinyl: lots more & lots quicker. When a order shirts, I always get extras to play with.

Thankfully, we've moved this thread away from the "Can I shoot bleach with an airbrush". Unhealthy for airbrushes & other living things...
Im now wondering if you could spray gasoline thru an airbrush towards an open flame lol

Ok kiddies dont try this at home!

For the ones who are interested in what happens with airbrush if you use bleach. I set video to the exact time when this guy mention the issue. The whole video is about dark t-shirts and effects. There is also some talk about screen printing colors.

edit: hm.. time is not working...3:25 is the correct time.

I saw this video many years ago. Chuck did his bleach work outside and cautioned to clean out your airbrush, but failed to mention any possible health issues. The use of spritzer bottles reduces the risk - the spray isn't as fine as with an airbrush, but it is still risky. This thread started as a quest for "true white" on a black t shirt. Bleach isn't the answer and it's use through an airbrush or a spray gun posses serious health risks for both our equipment and us. I'm not a health fanatic: I eat red meat, I'm a 50 year + smoker and biker; I don't live in California and I don't weld without a helmet. We are all "big kids", try it if you must, but BE CAREFUL. With the proper safety precautions, it's OK and will produce some neat effects. I actually like Chuck's "tru fire" effect on the black T...

I saw this video many years ago. Chuck did his bleach work outside and cautioned to clean out your airbrush, but failed to mention any possible health issues. The use of spritzer bottles reduces the risk - the spray isn't as fine as with an airbrush, but it is still risky. This thread started as a quest for "true white" on a black t shirt. Bleach isn't the answer and it's use through an airbrush or a spray gun posses serious health risks for both our equipment and us. I'm not a health fanatic: I eat red meat, I'm a 50 year + smoker and biker; I don't live in California and I don't weld without a helmet. We are all "big kids", try it if you must, but BE CAREFUL. With the proper safety precautions, it's OK and will produce some neat effects. I actually like Chuck's "tru fire" effect on the black T...

I like water based inks for screen printing more then bleach for white underbase. I need to buy white ink... Was planning to do that next week. But video was still quite interesting.

I've never tried screen printing inks - always "ass sumed" that they would be too thick and would change the feel of the shirt. Someone, somewhere mentioned that Hobby Lobby has it in smaller amounts, something new to try!

I've never tried screen printing inks - always "ass sumed" that they would be too thick and would change the feel of the shirt. Someone, somewhere mentioned that Hobby Lobby has it in smaller amounts, something new to try!
waterbased screen printing ink is 1 kilo=27 euros. I don't know in american measurements -.-

I think the craft shops here will have small quantities, 4 to 6 ounces and they usually have 40% off coupons. Thanks for the info, now, I have something to compare...
https://www.screenprinting.com/comet-white-ink-quart

you need squeegee for this:
https://www.screenprinting.com/cat/silk-screening-squeegees

Plan for test is: cutting stencil vinyl with my plotter, heat set it with iron, so it is stucked to the t-shirt and I don't get paint under, then put white underbase with that kinda color and squeegee. On top of that I would go with airbrush colors. I am gonna see what will happen when I will do the test. I heard results are quite good.

Introducing the disposable airbrush! Why bother with the hassle of cleaning, or waste money on replacement nozzles and needles? Just spray, then throw it away! Only 3.99! *Not responsible for injuries if it explodes in your hand*

You laugh but basically everything under $25 is less than the cost of disposable head and cup liner on the 3m accuspray

Back