Damn, my shopping list keeps growing:
1 gallon gasoline
1 gallon bleach
1 quart white screen printing ink & squeegee
1 3M Accuspray System with kick ass compressor
1 serious fire extinguisher
1 life insurance policy

I need a cheaper place to hang-out...

Shouldn't this thread move to the "Open Bar" forum, it's fun, but any beginner reading these posts will report us to the Airbrush Sanity Commission or actually try spraying gasoline reduced with bleach through a new Micron...

We’ve probably got enough ‘don’t try this at home’ comments so beginners don’t actually think this is normal/ sounds like fun.

BUT:
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ATOMISING ANYTHING APART FROM AIRBRUSH SPECIFIC FLUIDS THROUGH YOUR AIRBRUSH CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO ANY LIVING THING IN THE VICINITY.

PS. Spraying urethane anywhere except a commercial spray both is also not recommended and actually illegal in some places around the world.

We’ve probably got enough ‘don’t try this at home’ comments so beginners don’t actually think this is normal/ sounds like fun.

BUT:
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ATOMISING ANYTHING APART FROM AIRBRUSH SPECIFIC FLUIDS THROUGH YOUR AIRBRUSH CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO ANY LIVING THING IN THE VICINITY.

PS. Spraying urethane anywhere except a commercial spray both is also not recommended and actually illegal in some places around the world.

If I was the owner of the forum just to cover my own back and avoid the possibility of any mildly gullible person reading any if this I would simply delete the whole thread, the content of the whole thread is insanely dangerous no matter what section if the forum it's in, would an explosive device in Afghanistan be less dangerous if it was in another country?

Please do the right thing Jackie and get rid, I've worked hard not comment here and now I've failed:(

If I was the owner of the forum just to cover my own back and avoid the possibility of any mildly gullible person reading any if this I would simply delete the whole thread, the content of the whole thread is insanely dangerous no matter what section if the forum it's in, would an explosive device in Afghanistan be less dangerous if it was in another country?

Please do the right thing Jackie and get rid, I've worked hard not comment here and now I've failed:(
So if I understand correctly it is better to censorship information then actually teach people about new stuff, hazards which are involved with those process? I heard few years ago, that if you buy new wash machine in america, you also get sticker with warnings like: Do not wash your pet inside. I thought it was an europian joke. was it true maybe?

Well my opinion is totally different than Malkys. If there wouldn't be this forum and this "crazy" thread and all the people which were here to give advices, I would probably shoot bleach that day, when I opened this thread. Not with airbrush, but with some spray bottle I would. Instead I got enough information that I decided to go different path. That's my 2 cents.

Well my opinion is totally different than Malkys. If there wouldn't be this forum and this "crazy" thread and all the people which were here to give advices, I would probably shoot bleach that day, when I opened this thread. Not with airbrush, but with some spray bottle I would. Instead I got enough information that I decided to go different path. That's my 2 cents.

And based purely on your post I will not delete the thread.
As the original poster you have listened to sufficient information to open your eyes and steer you away from doing something dangerous.

I think it serves as a good educational thread because it shows that sometimes what seems like a good idea, actually isn’t once all things are considered.

I will however rename the thread.

So if I understand correctly it is better to censorship information then actually teach people about new stuff, hazards which are involved with those process? I heard few years ago, that if you buy new wash machine in america, you also get sticker with warnings like: Do not wash your pet inside. I thought it was an europian joke. was it true maybe?
We just bought a new stove and yes, the manual is mostly warnings like "Do not use oven to dry your cat" and "Stovetop will be hot after use". There is a system here determining the level of danger. A WARNING is something that will kill you, a Caution is something that will cause serious injury, and a Note is something that will ruin your product and void the warranty :)

We just bought a new stove and yes, the manual is mostly warnings like "Do not use oven to dry your cat" and "Stovetop will be hot after use". There is a system here determining the level of danger. A WARNING is something that will kill you, a Caution is something that will cause serious injury, and a Note is something that will ruin your product and void the warranty :)
You are joking about this one: Do not use oven to dry your cat
right? :)

You are joking about this one: Do not use oven to dry your cat
right? :)
No sadly I am not joking- OK I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was on par with what I posted. (It may have said "Do not dry animals in oven")

Any Douglas Adams fans on here? Remember the guy that lived Outside the Asylum?

It's purrfectly safe to dry cats in the oven, please remember to not turn on the broiler. Avoid drying reptiles in the oven. Sometimes, people leave their common sense at the door and need to be reminded...

Disclaimer: no living creatures were harmed in this thought process.

No worries. I ordered from amazon this stuff:
https://www.permaset.com/products/permaset-aqua-supercover

waiting for it, needs to be here in few days. :)

Looks interesting! Followed the link and read what I could, my old iPad wouldn't let me explore further, so I need to wait till I get on the 'puter tomorrow. Some of the reviews I did see mentioned the lack of stiffness that plastisol gives you. Wonder how my Createx & Jacquard fabric paints will act on top of the Permaset base? Keep us informed... Wonder if I still have time to cancel my order for 55 gallons of Chlorox???

So you got a pot of fabric paint to use as a mask ? Interesting choice lollol
I played a little with all materials I have at home. SO I am gonna try 2 options.

1) Cut stencil vinyl with my plotter, heat set it on t-shirt(so color doesn't go under),lay down with squeegee that waterbased screen printing color so I get true white underbase,cure the color, and after that airbrush colors on top of it. Take down vinyl which I heat set it before(I already tested, it works) and then heat set the final design

2)Cut stencil vinyl with my plotter, stick it on the right mesh(screen printing mesh on that wooden thingy u get), put that mesh on t-shirt, lay down color on mesh, take mesh down, cure the color, airbrush design on white underbase, heat set design. Yea, after that, mesh needs to be cleaned and vinyl taken down, so I can use the same mesh many many times.

This is the plan. But I am in experimenting phase :) I will see what will work and what not, and what will be more practical for my needs.

But with that fabric paint, white should be true white. That's like the best paint for white on dark. According to members of screen printing forum.

Looks interesting! Followed the link and read what I could, my old iPad wouldn't let me explore further, so I need to wait till I get on the 'puter tomorrow. Some of the reviews I did see mentioned the lack of stiffness that plastisol gives you. Wonder how my Createx & Jacquard fabric paints will act on top of the Permaset base? Keep us informed... Wonder if I still have time to cancel my order for 55 gallons of Chlorox???
there is no stiffness, cause color is water based. Fibers are colored, paint is not sitting on top like plastisol color does.

Back