Can someone tell me whats going on with the Krome?

S

Splat

I'm kinda lost here now. A couple weeks ago I decided I wanted to play with a smaller needle in a decent AB.......just because.
The Badger Krome seemed like one I couldnt get hurt on too bad for the price if I decided it wasnt for me.
But at that time I noticed they changed the lettering on the chassis from a nice 'renegade' block lettering in the side recess and 'Krome' in the nice script, to just simply 'Krome' where the 'Renegade' was and skipped the script.
That gave me reservations as to what else may have been changed so I balked.

Now the Krome appears to be gone completely from Badger/Renegade sites. But I cant find any notice of discontinuation either.

Can anyone tell me whats going on with all of this or am I just missing something?

I'm kinda lost here now. A couple weeks ago I decided I wanted to play with a smaller needle in a decent AB.......just because.
The Badger Krome seemed like one I couldnt get hurt on too bad for the price if I decided it wasnt for me.
But at that time I noticed they changed the lettering on the chassis from a nice 'renegade' block lettering in the side recess and 'Krome' in the nice script, to just simply 'Krome' where the 'Renegade' was and skipped the script.
That gave me reservations as to what else may have been changed so I balked.

Now the Krome appears to be gone completely from Badger/Renegade sites. But I cant find any notice of discontinuation either.

Can anyone tell me whats going on with all of this or am I just missing something?

The Krome availability has been kind of hit and miss the past year or so. I haven't heard of any changes or anything about them stopping production on it.

I'll give them a call but thought I would check in here first. I usually miss something and am not afraid to embarrass myself here. :)
I just found it odd that I couldnt find it on their websites, other than the 2016 pricelist.
Heres the change(s) I was mentioning that I noticed.
Maybe this has been a while now though.

71qw8DcoupL._SX522_.jpg

Barwells in the UK has one shown like this, maybe there's different versions? I'm an Iwata chick so not in the know.

You cant embarrass yourself here, but give it a try, be interesting to see how you get on lol lol lol.

I'll get a call in tomorrow and get the scoop on this. Be back with that for anyone else interested.

Just kidding on embarrassing myself. Probably came close though when I checked in here in the middle of the night the other night. Half asleep and typing a response to you 2 going on about scratching and stroking.
Needed a clear head to get in on that one though so I opted out. :)

I'll get a call in tomorrow and get the scoop on this. Be back with that for anyone else interested.

Just kidding on embarrassing myself. Probably came close though when I checked in here in the middle of the night the other night. Half asleep and typing a response to you 2 going on about scratching and stroking.

more fun when your not awake :)

Not too sure m8 but not often I say much bad about badger ;) but their site sucks LOL..Doesn't really seem to get updated that often and honestly have never seen Krome info listed in the way of manuals and such..On Facebook on their Sema posts they mention Kromes so I assume its still a standard product line they run, designs often change but if there is a reason behind it I wouldn't know, I'm happy with my anthem, I think they did have some supply issues recently over the last year and maybe too busy in the factory to update their site LOL..not too sure but yer drop Ken a line and no doubt best info will be from the horses mouth..Let us know what ya find out :) maybe with the new line coming out recently the focus is in other area's and perhaps they may decide to discontinue the line, just depends I suppose on sales of both..

Well thats odd. Just got off the phone with Badger and they said nothing has changed with the Krome cosmetically or mechanically whatsoever.
They were completely unaware of any change in the lettering on the chassis as in the one pictured above.

It does confirm Rebels' statement about their website updating. The brush is available without issue. :)

Maybe it's a counterfeit unit?

Thats the real odd part. That picture is off of Amazon direct from Badger. Cant get a whole lot more direct than that. Unless Amazon gets the pics from somewhere else?
If it was off a random site somewhere, I would be very suspicious of a Northern China connection.
To be honest, the quality of that 'Krome' stamp closeup has that written all over it. Hence my apprehension.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078MEXX8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Tis a bit strange m8..typed in Krome Airbrush into Google image search and all seem to have the renegade stamp also..perhaps it was an early prototype image? and they're still using the same image..As mentioned badger tend to update slowly LOL..perhaps email them the image and ask again why it appears different from every other krome image..and is it possible that the Amazon add is indeed a fake? Says by badger up top, not so much from badger. Tis common for fakers to use company names and links etc to make peeps feel its from that company when realistically unless the seller is listed directly as badger (Can't see seller deets and may have missed such)..I'd be weary till I had a better response or answer after they see the actual ad and confirm it is them selling it..Good luck.

I did think it may be a fake, but I know Barwells is an official supplier and when I checked their site, they had one just like it. So I wondered if it was just an earlier model??
Of course it could still be a fake. Unless you buy direct from badger or an official supplier, its hard to know 100%.

probly a good thing you did with a name like splatlollollollollol
I know squishy I'm on my way save me a seat:D

probly a good thing you did with a name like splatlollollollollol
I know squishy I'm on my way save me a seat:D

Ha, thats a good one!
I can only imagine the melee' to get a post in before the thread was shut down that that opportunity would have provided. :D

Naughty members get time out, luckily you have sensible and responsible people as your all knowing overlords..... Oh who am I trying to kid lol.

Yeah, you're kinda behind the 8 ball right out of the gate selling that one there.

I notice you wrote 'Responsible People' vs. ' Responsible Adults'. Think you nailed that one.
The other thing about the Overlords. Tough to sell when worded as 'Obey the Overlord or prepare to deal with Squishy'.
Guess I'll save my time to be real bad when I need a hug. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back