Cm-sb Issue

Jimmyfingerz

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello
I cleaned my cm-sb and ever since I have had issues with it spraying paint constantly.
It’s almost like the needle isn’t seated properly.
I took the nozzle off and used the needle to run around inside the nozzle, I did manage to pull a small lump of paint out but still if I turn the air pressure up a touch i get a constant flow of paint.
I’ve checked the nozzle using the jewellers loupe and it looks fine to me so i’m stumped.
I’ve binned my mitchs airbrush course painting off because i ruined that, all in all i’m frustrated and not sure this painting malarky is for me.
Its too difficult and very very frustrating, not sure if i’m wasting my time.
Any advice with the cm-sb would be appreciated

Well I can't help much with the cm-sb but I'll tell ya, this stuff can take years to learn. YEARS. The trick is to have fun and just enjoy the journey. Eventually you will go to paint something and really blow your mind... "Wow I did that!" At that moment it will be all worth it.

Well I can't help much with the cm-sb but I'll tell ya, this stuff can take years to learn. YEARS. The trick is to have fun and just enjoy the journey. Eventually you will go to paint something and really blow your mind... "Wow I did that!" At that moment it will be all worth it.

Yeah i know, just seem to hit more snags than actually wow moments.
Getting pretty fed up of it at the moment.
Think I just need a cuddle lol

Fill your cup with isopropyl alcohol and spray into a paper towel, then remove your needle and wipe it with the paper towel soaked with alcohol. Add more alcohol to your cup and hold it sideways against a black background so you can see the spray pattern. Remove your nozzle cover and check for old paint. I had the same problem with the gun spraying paint constantly. Using the system above.....it finally released a microscopic lump of paint from the nozlzle. Check with DaveG he is the master at fixing these problems. Hope this helps.

Fill your cup with isopropyl alcohol and spray into a paper towel, then remove your needle and wipe it with the paper towel soaked with alcohol. Add more alcohol to your cup and hold it sideways against a black background so you can see the spray pattern. Remove your nozzle cover and check for old paint. I had the same problem with the gun spraying paint constantly. Using the system above.....it finally released a microscopic lump of paint from the nozlzle. Check with DaveG he is the master at fixing these problems. Hope this helps.

Thanks John i will try that.

It really helps if you can master the art of "Screw it". ;) Just have fun with it. Youll never be great at it if you quit.
Idk I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

I won’t quit Jurien i’m just sulking.
I think thats the problem i’m not just having fun.
I think after my friend asked me to paint her a pic and then i jumped into a course i kind of made it less fun.
I might just pic something to paint to have a muck about with less pressure then reevaluate.

just take care with atomised iso... it is nasty stuff. Spray it into a container like a cleaning station.

i have a cleaning station and am using Airbrush dreams cleaning solution, well i've got it spraying good now. I swirled the nozzle round in some of the solution then gently run the needle around inside and a small brush.
I think i may have had dried paint along the walls of the nozzle as the needle seems to be out a bit further now.
i'm just gutted about that painting because it was starting to look good but you win some you lose some i suppose, all part of the learning circle.
sorry for chucking my toys out of the pram, just not been a fun experience tonight....
Thanks for the help chaps, back to the drawing board

Hello
I cleaned my cm-sb and ever since I have had issues with it spraying paint constantly.
It’s almost like the needle isn’t seated properly.
I took the nozzle off and used the needle to run around inside the nozzle, I did manage to pull a small lump of paint out but still if I turn the air pressure up a touch i get a constant flow of paint.
I’ve checked the nozzle using the jewellers loupe and it looks fine to me so i’m stumped.
I’ve binned my mitchs airbrush course painting off because i ruined that, all in all i’m frustrated and not sure this painting malarky is for me.
Its too difficult and very very frustrating, not sure if i’m wasting my time.
Any advice with the cm-sb would be appreciated

Have you got the trigger spring too loose? I.know it’s easier to have light pressure pulling back but sometimes to loose that it doesn’t put enough pressure on the needle to seat against the noodle.

You'll get there Jimmy, we've all been where you are, after all how hard can this putting paint on paper thing be right ? lol

You have to remember that you are using a Micron, its a precision instument and a microscopic piece of crud with mess with it.

I dont know what paint you are using but if its Createx then get yourself a bottle of restorer and a small lidded container like a condiment container or a small siphon feed glass bottle. put half an inch of restorer in it, pop the nozzle in there and put the lid on and go for a coffee, ... and a donut.....
let it soak overnight then come back and use a long bristled artist brush to poke inside the nozzle, be careful about the metal on the hairy brush, although that shouldnt get anywhere near the nozzle.

You'll be amazed at what hides in there ! Leave the restorer in the lidded container. Its reusable and if you keep the lid on, it will last months/years.

Have you got the trigger spring too loose? I.know it’s easier to have light pressure pulling back but sometimes to loose that it doesn’t put enough pressure on the needle to seat against the noodle.

I actually screwed it in a bit further to be fair as i pulled the brush apart so it may have been that too thinking about it. Thanks for the tip.

You'll get there Jimmy, we've all been where you are, after all how hard can this putting paint on paper thing be right ? lol

You have to remember that you are using a Micron, its a precision instument and a microscopic piece of crud with mess with it.

I dont know what paint you are using but if its Createx then get yourself a bottle of restorer and a small lidded container like a condiment container or a small siphon feed glass bottle. put half an inch of restorer in it, pop the nozzle in there and put the lid on and go for a coffee, ... and a donut.....
let it soak overnight then come back and use a long bristled artist brush to poke inside the nozzle, be careful about the metal on the hairy brush, although that shouldnt get anywhere near the nozzle.

You'll be amazed at what hides in there ! Leave the restorer in the lidded container. Its reusable and if you keep the lid on, it will last months/years.

Mac just makes it look easy lol

Is the restorer made by createx? I'll get a bottle of it and try that :) Thanks Jack
I think I need to work bigger, I think thats half the frustrating part working on a4, I may try a3 or even a2 while i'm learning and then cut down but i'll have to work something out about getting my images mapped out as at the moment i'm using graphite to transfer from a4 so haven't got a printer capable.
If i could afford a projector i would get one :(

Yes MacD makes it look easy, so do all the masters around here, but you have to remember they all started in the same place, having the exact same issues.
No you cant produce work the same as any of the masters here........... yet !

When you learnt to drive you didnt jump straight into a F1 race car and expect to drive like Senna, or when you started cooking, i'm sure your first dish wasnt much more than beans on toast lol...... embrace the journey,

Working bigger is a great idea, bring out the HP-C and just go for it, the HP-C will not be quiet as precious with the paint and working bigger you'll be able to up the pressure a little to get good flow. Working bigger is easier because all the detail bits are bigger too.

Check your printer settings, you should be able to do a 'banner' print, then stick all the A4's together to enable you to transfer to the A3 / A2

Yeah i know, just seem to hit more snags than actually wow moments.
Getting pretty fed up of it at the moment.
Think I just need a cuddle lol
Happened to me last night, changed the nozzle and perfect! 10mins later same thing! Gave up for the night, I’m sure it’s a cleaning issue like a speck of pigment, I find spraying alcohol through it can help but didn’t last night :(
I think it’s best to have a spare head or gun for these situations so you can fix it when not painting

Yes MacD makes it look easy, so do all the masters around here, but you have to remember they all started in the same place, having the exact same issues.
No you cant produce work the same as any of the masters here........... yet !

When you learnt to drive you didnt jump straight into a F1 race car and expect to drive like Senna, or when you started cooking, i'm sure your first dish wasnt much more than beans on toast lol...... embrace the journey,

Working bigger is a great idea, bring out the HP-C and just go for it, the HP-C will not be quiet as precious with the paint and working bigger you'll be able to up the pressure a little to get good flow. Working bigger is easier because all the detail bits are bigger too.

Check your printer settings, you should be able to do a 'banner' print, then stick all the A4's together to enable you to transfer to the A3 / A2

Still having issues :)

Back