COM-ART, big bottles

M

Madbrush

Do any of my Dutch buddies here know I can either pick up personally or order 120ml (4oz) bottles of com-art in loose bottles, so far all I can find are ten bottle sets which I've tried and like, so now I want to buy the primary colours plus black and white in both opaque and transparent in bigger bottles, the little bottles that come in the sets are empty in jig time, then you end with leftover bottles of colours which are useless outside of the sets.

What I find strange is that com-art is from Iwata, so you would expect that shops stocking Iwata would also stock com-art, but this concept is obviously too easy, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my complaint with Hobby Lobby in the states. Iwata brushes, Iwata parts but no Com-art paint. Just another scratch your head subject in the world of retail. Only place Ive seen in states is Coast Airbrush (1,4,16,32,gallon), but that doesnt help you so I'll shut up now..lol Good luck friend.

Do any of my Dutch buddies here know I can either pick up personally or order 60ml (4oz) bottles of com-art in loose bottles, so far all I can find are ten bottle sets which I've tried and like, so now I want to buy the primary colours plus black and white in both opaque and transparent in bigger bottles, the little bottles that come in the sets are empty in jig time, then you end with leftover bottles of colours which are useless outside of the sets.

What I find strange is that com-art is from Iwata, so you would expect that shops stocking Iwata would also stock com-art, but this concept is obviously too easy, lol
I know its not in holland but i do know airbrushes.com sell single bottles and i think @Melbee uses them

I know its not in holland but i do know airbrushes.com sell single bottles and i think @Melbee uses them

Nope, just checked, only mediums and additives come in bigger bottles, they do sell loose bottles but still the same silly little bottles that come in the sets, but thank you anyway.

That was my complaint with Hobby Lobby in the states. Iwata brushes, Iwata parts but no Com-art paint. Just another scratch your head subject in the world of retail. Only place Ive seen in states is Coast Airbrush (1,4,16,32,gallon), but that doesnt help you so I'll shut up now..lol Good luck friend.

LOL, I checked them too, and they do sell absolutely everything, BUT!!! it's all out of stock and has been since I was in nappies, lol

Nope, just checked, only mediums and additives come in bigger bottles, they do sell loose bottles but still the same silly little bottles that come in the sets, but thank you anyway.

LOL, I checked them too, and they do sell absolutely everything, BUT!!! it's all out of stock and has been since I was in nappies, lol
Sorry dude i only bought a couple of the sets and have heaps left but just thought theyd do the bigger ones, strange!

Sorry dude i only bought a couple of the sets and have heaps left but just thought theyd do the bigger ones, strange!

LOL then you'll know the same as me you end with lots of leftovers that are good for nothing except practice, something I've never been guilty of, lol

LOL then you'll know the same as me you end with lots of leftovers that are good for nothing except practice, something I've never been guilty of, lol
lol yea ive some colours ive never used at all, but sure if we get a riot over here ill chuck them at the peelers

lol yea ive some colours ive never used at all, but sure if we get a riot over here ill chuck them at the peelers

I have a load Schminke aerocolour in huge 250ml bottles, I bought only black, white, yellow, read and blue along with some transparent medium, these are all I need to mix any colour under the sun and that is what I prefer to do, having all those colours in a set and in bottles so small means as soon as you open one bottle you have more or less ruined the set, so you have a lot of waste.

I have two sets, a primary set and a flesh tone set, I have had take one or two bottles that were repeated in another leaving that set incomplete, that doesn't matter too much, but I couldn't afford to that for every painting I do.

I want to be able to do what I did with my Schminke colours, but the Schminke colours are useless for erasing and com art is a lot easier to erase.

I did find an Iwata recommended dealer in Italy, they had all the colours in any size bottles but no means of ordering them, clicked on everything on their page and nothing happens, maybe all this carry on is my cue to go try something else like E-tac perhaps, who knows.

Where are the bloody Dutch when you need them?, if I don't get my big bottles now, I'll throw my rattle out of the pram and kick and scream.

And Matty have you no respect at all for this fine art, I mean would you really waste good paint on a flat foot? lol

I have a load Schminke aerocolour in huge 250ml bottles, I bought only black, white, yellow, read and blue along with some transparent medium, these are all I need to mix any colour under the sun and that is what I prefer to do, having all those colours in a set and in bottles so small means as soon as you open one bottle you have more or less ruined the set, so you have a lot of waste.

I have two sets, a primary set and a flesh tone set, I have had take one or two bottles that were repeated in another leaving that set incomplete, that doesn't matter too much, but I couldn't afford to that for every painting I do.

I want to be able to do what I did with my Schminke colours, but the Schminke colours are useless for erasing and com art is a lot easier to erase.

I did find an Iwata recommended dealer in Italy, they had all the colours in any size bottles but no means of ordering them, clicked on everything on their page and nothing happens, maybe all this carry on is my cue to go try something else like E-tac perhaps, who knows.

Where are the bloody Dutch when you need them?, if I don't get my big bottles now, I'll throw my rattle out of the pram and kick and scream.

And Matty have you no respect at all for this fine art, I mean would you really waste good paint on a flat foot? lol

I bought a big bottle of medium aswel to make transparents altho i havnt done that much, i need to try and get used to using trans as i only ever use opaque.
Oh and i think anything thrown at them has been put to good use lol, i got stopped the other day for riding my bike in the wrong direction in the bike lane, just outside a brothel and heroin den thats been operating for over a year which they have ignored lol couldnt make this shiz up

I bought a big bottle of medium aswel to make transparents altho i havnt done that much, i need to try and get used to using trans as i only ever use opaque.
Oh and i think anything thrown at them has been put to good use lol, i got stopped the other day for riding my bike in the wrong direction in the bike lane, just outside a brothel and heroin den thats been operating for over a year which they have ignored lol couldnt make this shiz up

Well there is a lesson there, the next time you ride your bike in the wrong direction, do it indoors, and riding the wrong way is dangerous to say the least, what if some poor slut had walked out of that brothel straight into the path of your bike, think of the carnage that would have ensued, you could have been sued for loss of earnings on her part not to mention the danger to those poor drug guys,, I mean do you have any idea how much that shiit is worth on the streets these days and "on the streets" could have a had a whole different meaning altogether in this case, I think the nice policeman carried out his duties with obvious pride and I admire his sense of community spirit, he was thinking of your safety as well as their's you know...:whistling:

Well there is a lesson there, the next time you ride your bike in the wrong direction, do it indoors, and riding the wrong way is dangerous to say the least, what if some poor slut had walked out of that brothel straight into the path of your bike, think of the carnage that would have ensued, you could have been sued for loss of earnings on her part not to mention the danger to those poor drug guys,, I mean do you have any idea how much that shiit is worth on the streets these days and "on the streets" could have a had a whole different meaning altogether in this case, I think the nice policeman carried out his duties with obvious pride and I admire his sense of community spirit, he was thinking of your safety as well as their's you know...:whistling:

Well as youve put it so diplomatically i can now see the error of my ways and i shall no longer ride my bike were im not supposed to, i shall become a pimp and dealer that way i wont bother the police in their quest for safer bike lanes

Well as youve put it so diplomatically i can now see the error of my ways and i shall no longer ride my bike were im not supposed to, i shall become a pimp and dealer that way i wont bother the police in their quest for safer bike lanes

LOL, that's the spirit:)

My hobby lobby has Com art and golden as well. Weird how it's not a standard in all stores

They do have opaque white, black and red in 4oz. Maybe mail them about the other colours.

They do have opaque white, black and red in 4oz. Maybe mail them about the other colours.

Thanks Andre, I thought about mailing them so I'll do that on Monday, hopefully I can order a load all at once to take the sting off the postage.

Thanks Andre, I thought about mailing them so I'll do that on Monday, hopefully I can order a load all at once to take the sting off the postage.
Mail them now LOL dont put of till tomorrow what you can do on a saturday night
If i remember rightly Andre and Melbee both use them and were saying in another post they were cheap enuff and quick

Mail them now LOL dont put of till tomorrow what you can do on a saturday night
If i remember rightly Andre and Melbee both use them and were saying in another post they were cheap enuff and quick

Yes boss, lol, I was waiting till Monday to see how much I can order in one go, but that doesn't effect the mail I suppose.

The UK mail is full of cr@p. Apparently you can only order 4 x 125ml (max size) bottles at a time. Maybe if they use a courier it is different.

On my last order, from the local supplier, I got some photo white. @Melbee, says it is better then normal opaque white. I still have to give it a try.

Back