Compressor doesn't cut off

Johnny_mazzei

Young Tutorling
Hi everybody,
I need some advice with my compressor because when it loads it doesn't stop. It's a super silent 20A compressor. I've started to check an make some new teflon seals on some places and replace the valve on top. Now when it loads after 20-30sec it starts to leak near the filter regulator. I mean on the top of the glas/bottle where you can get the water out. so I've put some seal around it to but after some 30 sec its leaking again. So my thoughts was that because it doesn't stop pressing air after a while a seal will let some air come out. But what can be the reason why it doesn't cut off ?
It's hard to explain in a text and sorry for my bad expression^^

If it's leaking it is likely it can't reach the pressure to make it cut off. Seal the leak first and see what happens. You may need to remove the thread that is leaking, reapply new thread tape, screw it back in. If it still doesn't shut off after the leaks are corrected check your pressure cut off switch.

Sounds the the cut off switch has went bad. If it will not cut off after reaching max pressure then it will be that switch

Thanks for all the advices. I've started looking after cut off switch problem and than I tried on mine. I untighten the screw a lot and it stopped loading which solved the problem. Now the only question is how to set the screw to have enough work pressure in the tank? And i have no indicator on the compressor.

My silent compressor runs constantly and doesnt have a shut off switch, it only has a screw and spring operated valve that leaks air when it gets to a certain pressure in the tank, a bit like a radiator cap that pushes open at a certain pressure.

Lee

Back