For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Compressor upgrade

Discussion in 'Airbrush Compressors' started by Vince Driver, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Vince Driver

Vince Driver Gravity Guru

Looking to up grade my compressor. Currently I am using one I got with a kit from TCP Global, it's the T 20. Has no tank. Looking at California Airtools at the 4610 AC or 2010A. Any input would be great. I am only running one Badger Krome and live in an apartment so noise is a factor. I have heard one of the California compressors run on a job site before and was impressed.
  2. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

They seem good compressors. A few here use them.
    Vince Driver likes this.
  3. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I have a 4610A, and have been using it for at least 3 years now. It started out in my shop, running a ultra high speed woodcarving hand piece (like a dentist drill) for many, many hours a day, before being re-tasked to run my airbrushes in my studio. Has never missed a beat, and is quiet enough so as not to startle me when it kicks on, even though it sits right by my knee as I am seated at my drafting table.
    Vince Driver likes this.
  4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

just keep in mind that hearing it on a job site (normally a lot of other noise going on ) will sound different to hearing it in the relative silence of your apartment :)
    Squishy likes this.
  5. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Gravity Guru

Check the decibal ratings then download a decibal app and check your compressor for a rough estimate, I've heard good things about the California silent line but never used one, I'm spoiled with a huge screw compressor in my shop that I plumbed into my basement where I usually paint that lasts forever on a single tank full.
  6. astrix

astrix Young Tutorling

I have a calfornia air tools compressor, the 1hp 8 gallon model and can vouch for the quietness of these compressors.
    I've had mine for a few months and no problems with heavy use.
    also the 8 gal model is only $178 at home depot with free shipping to your door or pickup
    at a local home depot, mine arrived at my door in two days.i think the 5.5 gal model is only around $145.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Vince Driver likes this.
  7. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Don't forget to print out the 40% off coupons for hobby lobby, it might save you a lot of money.

Lee