Compressor with or without a tank?

O

OMGisKitKat

So I am looking to buy a compressor and I have yet to get into it. I was looking around and people recommended compressors with tank and some says tankless compressors are excrement. Is there any difference with a tank and without one? And do I need a water filter?

With tank, a diaphragm compressor will run constantly and burn out rather quickly if you are using it for hours on end, a tank also eliminates any potential pulsing from the diaphragm.
Yes to a water filter, probably two... One at the tank and a small one at the brush end of the hose

Was looking at the video, he recommends a tankless compressor, since I will be using for miniatures, so should I get one with a tank or without? =l

A compressor with a tank really is the way to go. It eliminates pulsing , and helps the compressor not overheat.

If all you will ever do is miniatures, then there are pretty cheap quiet options.

A compressor with a tank really is the way to go. It eliminates pulsing , and helps the compressor not overheat.

If all you will ever do is miniatures, then there are pretty cheap quiet options.
Mind suggesting one?

Mind suggesting one?
Get an Iwata with a tank... if you can't afford that, get one in your budget... Get one from your local home hardware store, find one second hand that meets your requirements. We can suggest specific ones but at the end of the day you are asking for "which car should I drive" and you've been given plenty of options and opinions... pick one that suits your needs. We can't answer that for you. WE know you want to paint miniatures today but tomorrow that may change, you may need something different. There are plenty of pitfalls you now know to avoid... How about you give us a few ones you are considering then perhaps we can offer advice on them.

2zi67h3.jpg

I have been using this kind of tank now for months and it is awesome. Runs quite and smooth. Fits on my budget.

2zi67h3.jpg

I have been using this kind of tank now for months and it is awesome. Runs quite and smooth. Fits on my budget.

I've been using axactly the same one for just over 3 years now without a problem, I paid €70 for it new, I work that out less than €24 a year or 50 cents per week, can't argue with that, I whittled it down to the 50 cents because that's just the sum a good old tight arsed Scottish git likes to hear:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been using axactly the same one for just over 3 years now without a problem, I paid €70 for it new, I work that out less than €24 a year or 50 cents per week, can't argue with that, I whittled it down to the 50 cents because that's just the sum a good old tight arsed Scottish git likes to hear:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Down to the last cent..:laugh::thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the HP-C and the CH?

idk if i'm that knowledgeable..:glasses: but i guess it's only the MAC Valve sets the difference. they both have same cup, same needle size(0.3mm)..

Back