Compressors not lasting long.

bex

Needle-chuck Ninja
So my 3rd airbrush compressor just blew up.

I'm presuming I'm using a too small compressor for my needs.

1461683960511-429022348.jpg
So it's guts are hanging out of it as I have "repaired" it on numerous occasions.

It's not seeming to be wanting to be repaired this time though. :cry:

Argh.

What compressors can people recommend. I spray all day long it's on for 3-4 hours at a time. . I run a sotar and krome..

I have mini guns running through a 50 ltr compressor. But it's so loud. I couldn't do with that on next to my ears all day.

View attachment 43089
So it's guts are hanging out of it as I have "repaired" it on numerous occasions.

Argh.

What compressors can people recommend. I spray all day long it's on for 3-4 hours at a time. . I run a sotar and krome..

I have mini guns running through a 50 ltr compressor. But it's so loud. I couldn't do with that on next to my ears all day.

Using that thing for painting walls is like asking a baby to pull a full size farm tractor:eek:

I came across this a couple of days ago and plan to buy one it's about have the price of a bambi and is oilless so maibtsinance free, they bigger ones but the one featured would suit my needs, and as you can see from the video, pretty silent.

Lol. Second one is what I'm used to.. I have that for my big guns.

Wow that is so quiet... !!!!

My airbrush compressor sounded as bad as my big compressor too..

View attachment 43089

Argh.

I kept getting sold them. I Was told they were the right size and to go for better brands they would not brake as much. Where would be a better place to look for a better compressor.

I don't always do walls. That's just occasionally. I normally paint car parts.

I kept getting sold them. I Was told they were the right size and to go for better brands they would not brake as much. Where would be a better place to look for a better compressor.

I don't always do walls. That's just occasionally. I normally paint car parts.

I won't be looking any further than the website of people who make the one in the video, as yet I can only find this in germany but since I'm in Holland that's not a problem, I don't know of any UK suppliers stock them but I'll certainly have gander.

I had my eye on a Bambi but the cost is rediculous and I don't like the idea of having to top up oil, I would destroy it for sure by forgetting to, I have the same one you've just cooked, but I've had mine for three years now, but I've been kind to it, lol

lollolold compressor.jpg started out life like this.. its lasted under 2 years . but it has had periods of no use too so im not impressed really, and its broken and been repaired on 3 separate occasions , it sounded horrendous from about 3 months use onwards it was as loud as my big compressor near enough. its refusing to start up now i think its dead -dead.. :( i just here a buzz and soft clicking.

i just want something quietish. but can supply enough air to my guns.. and affordable too would be an advantage. i will hit google/ebay/amazon etc now

I have 250 litre beast, which is louder than a loud thing in the loudest part of loud land. Fortunately it only takes a minute or two to top up, and only needs to once a day most of the time. Have picked up a small Jun air though that just needs a regulator and some fittings, so I can paint later at night. They seem reasonable second hand.

For me personally i would be looking through ebay for a jun-air compressor, they do oil or oil less ones, not cheap but to me they are great compressors, really quite very well made and been around for years, and spares are easily available in the uk.

I have 250 litre beast, which is louder than a loud thing in the loudest part of loud land. Fortunately it only takes a minute or two to top up, and only needs to once a day most of the time. Have picked up a small Jun air though that just needs a regulator and some fittings, so I can paint later at night. They seem reasonable second hand.

My cuddly little three litre job only fills up once every four months or once every paint pal, whichever comes first, and it doesn't make any noise at all (now) lol

If you ever need spares for it let me know Squishy , i have 1 i keep just for spares but also know a place inbirmingham for spares.

Nice little find there.

I was thinking that too considering its half the price of the one in the video:confused: that's just typical of my luck, last week I bought a little trolley at the DIY shop to humph buckets of latex paint around to help my bad back, I paid €30 for it and then found exactly the same model in the supermarket today for twenty:eek: If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all:(

I would taken the other one back but already despised of the box and the receipt, what a plonker:mad:

I was thinking that too considering its half the price of the one in the video:confused: that's just typical of my luck, last week I bought a little trolley at the DIY shop to humph buckets of latex paint around to help my bad back, I paid €30 for it and then found exactly the same model in the supermarket today for twenty:eek: If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all:(

I would taken the other one back but already despised of the box and the receipt, what a plonker:mad:

Once ive bought something i try not to look at them elsewhere, i always see it cheaper and it just pi.... Me off. Same the other way round, might see something i like look around for it cheaper then miss out as i wasted to much time trying to save a couple of quid.

Once ive bought something i try not to look at them elsewhere, i always see it cheaper and it just pi.... Me off. Same the other way round, might see something i like look around for it cheaper then miss out as i wasted to much time trying to save a couple of quid.

Well just after I typed that the wife came up with ultimate solution, she said "DON'T BUY ANYTHING" she also said that if us whinging men had the balls those women have we would haggle and argue the toss until a happy compromise was reached, i.e an ex static lady and no vendor with broken chops:eek:

Even computer ladies are ruthless these days, I tried out "Cortana" on my new windows 10 laptop , I asked her "what time is it?" and the response was "there is a clock in bottom left hand corner of your' screen numb nuts" needles to say Cortana is now history:confused:

It will have to be a new compressor. I took mine apart it was 3 ball bearings away from a 'big badda boom!!' So that's deadded. Have a plan to finish the wall mural with propellants I have a few lieing around i never used and spray cans and anything else I can find. I have 2 days work left on this wall and thats done i dont want to stall it. Then will look at buying that compressor as it looks a great find! And definitely needed.

It says the air out let is a 1/4 I take it they are easy enough to step down to the size for my airbrush airlines. ?

Back