Controlling the Airbrush

Im glad to hear that things are getting more comfortable for you. Im curious what you will think of the .4 needle in your Evo. I can't remember if I tried mine or not. I would like to try the Grafo needle set.

Im curious too..hopefully it wont be as sensitive. Might be a waste of money but we will see. Still need to work on pulling tighter dagger strokes as can be seen in my bobcat thread.

Im going to try on another project tomorrow. Its really touchy but ive noticed ive been working way to close to my substrate.

Your using the comart in the .15? Try 5 water to 1 paint or 7 water to 1 paint? What exactly is the problem your having with the h&s

I think the .4 will be even worse since it's going to spray more paint, decrease your psi and try moving faster.

Have you tried turning it down to 5 or 10 psi? I know my Infinity doesn't seem to like higher pressure.

As far as working too close, I have taken the nozzle cap off and nearly scrape the paper with the needle- I almost never get any spidering.

Isn't there an old saying that a true artist doesn't make mistakes, they just incorporate it into the artwork?

Nah, the quote goes "Mistakes can be the artists best friend" :)...but they are still mistakes LOLOL, but def, sometimes the best painting moments or ah huh's happen from mistakes, but a true artist doesn't make a mistake, everything is meant to be :) thats often why BS is put in front of artist haha..

When the paint and psi is dialed in you can make lines with the needle basically touching the paper.
Try lower your psi like previously suggested. Especially with comart you don't need much psi at all.
I did alittle doodle with my micron at 8psi with CI with the needle almost touching the paper.

IMG_20170812_25871.jpg

When the paint and psi is dialed in you can make lines with the needle basically touching the paper.
Try lower your psi like previously suggested. Especially with comart you don't need much psi at all.
I did alittle doodle with my micron at 8psi with CI with the needle almost touching the paper.
Did you use a microscope to paint that? Holy begeezus!!!

The .4 in the evo is an excellent combination and works beautifully, it is less forgiving than the .15 or .2 as it let a bigger amount of paint to pass through the nozzel but let you make extremely fine lines with little effort!!
I had nothing but trouble with comart and 4012 threw my cm-sb. The last few days I'm leaning more towards CI again. As long as it's reduced 6-4012 1-paint or more it seems to spray beautiful with no grainy ness.

I'm glad the comart is working good for you.
The problem is that 4012 it's not made for Com-Art Paints, as Ford parts aren't made for your chevy either!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Ive been spraying with the evo all morning and this thing is fantastic. Still dont have tight dagger strokes down to simulate fur yet but im working on it.
Paint: Com Art grays 6:1
Airbrush: H&S Evolution .15 setup
PSI: 6 psi

Ive been spraying with the evo all morning and this thing is fantastic. Still dont have tight dagger strokes down to simulate fur yet but im working on it.
Paint: Com Art grays 6:1
Airbrush: H&S Evolution .15 setup
PSI: 6 psi
Fur doesn't have be entirely of daggers, some of your fur will create itself by overlapping lines, certainly for longer fur, and the hairs in the nose of your bob cat can be created using a tight figure 8 texture and some erasing/scratching between layers, ascyiu build the fur texture begins to appear, in some cases onky a hint of there being fur is needed.

Try practicing some lines with rmyiur reduced paint just by moving yiyr brush back and forth in the same direction but with slightly different angles to mimic natural changes in direction, start with lines about four inches long and then try to go smaller, all scratching and erasing does is enhance some of it.

I had a Neo myself and loved it but after it broke I didn't bother to have it fixed.

I think i have a cracked nozzel on my neo. It want to give paint with air only. Ive cleaned the nozzel and needle several times with restore so im using the evo and glad i unboxed it again. Dont know when it happened but i have a butt load of confidence now.

Back