Createx Illustration! Arghh!!

Thanks Russ. That's how I've been doing it lately but I haven't been keeping my brush as clean as I should. :depressed:

I've tested most of the CI colors I have today and there is just a difference between colors for whatever reason. Pigments I assume.

The best performing for me at 1:3 paint:reducer

•Viridian (flowed awesome), scarlet, red-violet, magenta, burnt umber, burnt sienna

•The blues were iffy along with Sepia. Even when sepia is flowing ok it just has really grainy pigment.

•The moss green and violet flowed horrible. I upped reduction to 1:8-10 to get it to flow decent.

I guess I just need more experience testing with reductions on this paint. Now I'll have to stop being so scattered :eek: and start logging some reduction numbers as a baseline for each color.

Thanks to everyone for your help. :)
Especially @Airbrush Dreams. I know it's taking away from your airbrush time to help out. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it's been mentioned but mix a lil 4030 with the ones that's giving you trouble and it will help the flow! The offside is that the paint isn't as workable!!

Each paint will vary on reduction and you are correct it has a lot to do with pigments, especially those using more whites, yellows and oranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's been mentioned but mix a lil 4030 with the ones that's giving you trouble and it will help the flow! The offside is that the paint isn't as workable!!

Each paint will vary on reduction and you are correct it has a lot to do with pigments, especially those using more whites, yellows and oranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Russ. I tried some 4030 and couldn't really tell a difference. Maybe it needs to "cook" longer.

Back