Createx what paint do I use

P

paulcouk

Hi, Im trying to paint eagle what paint do I use
do I use transparent or Illustration paint, what is best
paul

The paint that is used depends on a couple of things at a quick glance. The first is the substrate ( surface) that you are painting on ( ie paper, canvas or a hard surface). Is the paint meant for the surface and if so what prep is needed if any.
The second would be the painting technique ( are you working on a dark background and planning on "building up"the image with white first or is it the opposite.
Anyways if you're painting on paper I would go the route of the illustration paint... Easy to work with and you can get great detail out of it. Plus if you have the trans. base for the illustration line you can further increase the transparency of the paint. Hopefully this helps.

Hi thanks for the answer, Ricky
I am a beginner at airbrushing I am using in black card no prep needed because it prob end up in the bin,
it will but finding it hard to get any defection in the white part o the head, it seams to be white on top of white, I have looked on tube for airbrushing hair or feathers
with out any luck
Paul

We all have to start somewhere:)
Try throwing down the white for the head and come in using a grey or vice versa ( a blue and orange mix works good too) using a shield is one way you can achieve the appearance of feathers along with freehand techniques . You can also cut out mock feather templates... That works well. As well as try throwing in some dagger strokes as well, it helps with variety.
I'll try and post some process pics for you later. It was on a piece I did not too long ago of a eagle. It should give you a better idea on how to tackle the piece.

Hi Ricky That would be nice some thing to look at
Mr Micron that would be nice if I could do that..I haven't got to the body bit yet still on the white on its head
but I hadent seen that one thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
First I found a reference pic I liked and cut out the outlining area.
I then attached the stencil to the working surface by cutting out "windows" and applied tape.
With Wicked Opaque White I then started to build up the canvas by painting where the highlights would be or where the light would hit first.
I then mixed up some Wicked Detail yellow and neutralized it with a couple drops of Wicked Detail purple. Using purple (compliment colour)to darken the yellow is a good way to go instead of using black. Jump back to white for highlights and then back to colour and work it up that way.
It may not be the best eagle, but it was one the best eagles I have done.
Hopefully this helps... Take care and good luck.

Then of course there's this one...
and this one...

If you can't do any of the techniques, then keep practicing... no one can till they learn! Post up some photo's of how you are going.

HI
Thanks for the video's very help full.
and for the pictures I copied them they will be useful, Mine just looks very flat.. I don't know if its the paint looking flat
I have ordered some detail colors and have a go with that, but until they come Ill keep practice in what Ive got
Thanks for all your help and a happy new year to all

Back