custom micron deal

I'd check if thats a v2 or v1 version of the CM-C+ (if interested in purchasing this), if it's the v1 the 200,- is actualy about what the old versions are going for in general (around here). Also having a 0.18 and 0.23 micron myself, the 0.23 will hardly be used when you have a 0.18 at hand (I wouldn't have bought the 0.23 knowing what know now)

Sometimes what they don't say tells you more than what they do say.
They're offering a CM-C+. Not a CM-C+ v.2

I tried taking advantage of this. I wanted to buy a cm-b, then add the cm-c plus for $200. I wanted to have them add their black ops coating to the cm-c+ for $45 like they offer on the website, but there was no option for this with the promo, so I called to see if it was possible. The guy I spoke to said the coating was $65, so I asked why it was different from the website. He was pretty rude about telling me that I wasn't getting a cm-c+, I was getting a kustom cs for $200, and the coating cost more because it has a larger cup. I eventually hung up on him after trying to figure out why the website was advertising a cm-c+ and he was telling me that wasn't the deal. I've bought all my stuff from coast, and ended up just ordering a cm-c+ online through them since I wanted the coating on it, but this put a pretty bad taste in my mouth, and I'll probably be buying somewhere else in the future.

yeah I order less through them then in the past since they got rid of there shipping deals and Cali is completely across the country. I still do business with them as I have always had good experience with them other wise. That sucks that you ended up with that experience but I would feel the same if I had the same experience.

I'd check if thats a v2 or v1 version of the CM-C+ (if interested in purchasing this), if it's the v1 the 200,- is actualy about what the old versions are going for in general (around here). Also having a 0.18 and 0.23 micron myself, the 0.23 will hardly be used when you have a 0.18 at hand (I wouldn't have bought the 0.23 knowing what know now)

@haasje dutchairbrush could you explain for someone like me why you wouldn't use the .23? does the cm-c+ come in a .18 or is it only the cm-b that has the .18 needle? I have been looking at purchasing a CM just not sure which model I should get.

@haasje dutchairbrush could you explain for someone like me why you wouldn't use the .23? does the cm-c+ come in a .18 or is it only the cm-b that has the .18 needle? I have been looking at purchasing a CM just not sure which model I should get.

I think the cm-b has a 0.18.

The reason I hardly ever use my CM-C (0.23) isn't that its not a good brush, it's an excelent one. I get out my micron though for the fine detail and for that the 0.18 makes it slightly easier and I like the side cup of the cm-sb. When going for a detail brush I'd in general say take the smallest nozzle, so the CM-C I have was basicly a waste of monies as I now on occasion use it for stuff sthat waaaaaay cheaper airbrushed would be just as suited for. For all other stuff I tend to take the cm-sb

Come to think of it I realy should sell the CM-C it hasn't been out of the box for serveral months now :p

Thanks @haasje dutchairbrush! It gets confusing looking at their website as it seems like the AB's are so similar yet one with a .2 mm needle is in the $200 range and one with a .23 needle is in the $500 range it makes me wonder wtf is going on haha! :p

I think the price difference there is related to the MAC valve and color cup rather than the needle/nozzle. The higher priced ones are the CM-C+ and CM-C Kustom, both of which are the only ones with MAC valves. Anything in the Kustom series costs a lot more than its non-Kustom counterpart, partly due to economy of scale (The Kustom variants are more niche market), but also I think with a bit of prestige pricing thrown in.

where can a guy get a micron for less that $300.00 usd??

The only place I've ever seen it was Amazon. They come direct from Japan, you would just have to watch the rating on the vendor. There is a posting for a CM-SB2 right now for $309 with free shipping, but the vendor only has one rating applied to them.
The eclipses I got from Amazon, that vendor had a really high rating with hundreds of reviews.

There are also ridiculous vendors like this one. Wonder how many people buy from them.
27f3e417558d413802c84f616ed6c07b.jpg

Back