Custom Micron vs. HP BCPlus

W

Wayne Wickers II

I've definitely narrowed it down to these two brushes. However, the HP BC Plus comes with a 0.3 nozzle and has an optional 0.2mm nozzle and needle. What "really" would be the difference in the 0.18 custom micron vs. the 0.2 HP BC Plus? Over $200 difference plus I can put 0.3 in HP BC Plus and do textiles also.

The micron performs a lot better at low airpressure needed for very small detail. Although you'll be able to detail with any brush with a 0,3 you'll be hard pressed (if it's possible at all) to get the detail you get from a micron.

To be honest you are comparing apples and oranges here, a 0,3 will by defenition not be suited for realy small detail and the micron is generaly bought just for the small detail work.

As Haasje stated, the micron is better at small detail but a lot comes down to you, some people can get killer detail with a .2 /.3 needle regardless of what its in.
I've got a HP-B+ with a .2 and a CM-B 1.8 and at my skill level (or lack there of) I notice no difference apart from the micron is 'nicer' to use, its just smoother and nicer to use..... very non technical I know, but that's my opinion

An what paint will you be using? No use in getting a 0.2 or smaller if you'll be using normal Createx paint. The Micron is an amazing machine. You will fall in love with it in 5 minutes. The nozzle of the Micron is easier to clean as you don't need tools to get to the back of it.

I was going to use either Createx Illustrator or Marissa paints for the illustration board/canvas work and Wicked for Tshirts and adjust the pressure accordingly. Thanks for the advice.

Back