DeVilbiss Super63 Dissassembly

jord001

Air-Valve Autobot!
This is for @Chris the Cabbie and anyone else who has a Super63 and wants to strip it. I couldnt get a good scan so you will have to settle for Photo's of the pages.

So there's 6 pics for the Super63 and 1 for the Sprite. I do have a zip file in Dropbox of the full size pics if you want it but these look perfectly useable

Super63-001.jpg Super63-002.jpg Super63-003.jpg Super63-004.jpg Super63-005.jpg Super63-006.jpg Super63-007.jpg

Hope this helps..

Lee

Last edited:
Lee,

Thank you for posting these as I am sure it will help me and DaveG for sure! I'm still trying to remove the old style airvalve on an older Super63 as they used Locktite 221 to seal the threads those swines!:eek:
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

The Super63a I have uses the same air valve assembly as diagrammed in the "Sprite" tear down, (or the #5 photo under reassembly). I have had mine completely apart, and back together again without much difficulty at all.

Hi,
Can you please share the other pages of the stripe-down manual. I have an old sprite with a paint cap broken. I want to replace or repair it. If I will found a way to disassemble the plastic parts I can find a way to repair the paint cap.
Thank you...

For the Sprite you might try the Vintage Air group on Facebook. It's at the extreme limit of vintage, but there are even ex-Aerograph employees there.

Hi,
Can you please share the other pages of the stripe-down manual. I have an old sprite with a paint cap broken. I want to replace or repair it. If I will found a way to disassemble the plastic parts I can find a way to repair the paint cap.
Thank you...

There was only the 1 page for the Sprite, it is the same as the Super 63 at the front end but easier and straight forward in the rear to strip down

Lee
#noairbrushleftbehind

There was only the 1 page for the Sprite, it is the same as the Super 63 at the front end but easier and straight forward in the rear to strip down

Lee
#noairbrushleftbehind

Thank you for your answer. Do you mind if you share the name of the book that you grap the pictures ?

Hi Folks,
Totally newbie here. Thanks for the add.
I am interested in learning and came across this amazing post. Thank you.
Was given a beat up aerograph super 63 and although someone let paint dry in it, I’ve managed to teardown without breaking anything and it’s fairly clean now.
I’m looking for parts #2 (needle A22), #5 (nozzle), #6 (nozzle washer) and #7 (needle gland washer A105).
I need help finding these somewhere that will ship to Canada. Otherwise if anyone has specifications on these so I can track down suitable alternates it would be tremendously helpful.
Any info is appreciated. Thank you.
4A9D6911-CEFC-4423-A7E2-D195FEDDEF2F.jpeg

You beat me to it Dave.

Mark, if your in the UK give them a call. Needles, nozzles and nozzle o rings/washers are readily available on ebay or their website. Haven't seen the needle gland but I think they have them on their website.

Super helpful,
Thank you.
I’ve ordered the everything but the fine line nozzle which they don’t seem to have on everythingairbrush.

Checked eBay and Nada!! Was about to buy this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164827639774?hash=item26607e2fde:g:6Z4AAOSwq3pggdwl until I realized the nozzles were missing.
Any other thoughts?
I’m going to try with new needles In existing nozzle however I’m doubtful as there’s still some paint in it. Maybe a few more nights in some isopropyl alcohol will help.
I may go to the high flow as they’re available. Is there a big difference? I’m looking to learn to paint RC cars bodies instead of rattle cans and tape. Also HO scale train modelling.
thanks again for the help.

Yes, there is a big difference - but, if you are just starting out you may actually be better off with the high flow, as it will be much more forgiving with paint reduction. As they are out of production, you can not count on being able to find parts - if Everything Airbrush does not have them, it will probably mean finding one on Ebay, through a reseller.

And done!
I wish I’d know to get the high flow Setup so as to avoid extra shipping costs. I emailed customer service/sales/replied to order email on an effort to intercept. Fingers crossed...
Either way, it’ll be nice to have this restoration complete and painting experiments commenced.
Thanks again for your help.

This is for @Chris the Cabbie and anyone else who has a Super63 and wants to strip it. I couldnt get a good scan so you will have to settle for Photo's of the pages.

So there's 6 pics for the Super63 and 1 for the Sprite. I do have a zip file in Dropbox of the full size pics if you want it but these look perfectly useable

View attachment 53077 View attachment 53078 View attachment 53079 View attachment 53080 View attachment 53081 View attachment 53082 View attachment 53083

Hope this helps..

Lee
Brilliant thank you! - this is such a great and very useful book to have around :)

I'm grateful this was brought back to the top:thumbsup:.

I'm still looking for a Super63 but I do have a Sprite and a Sprite Major. This will help:D.

I'm 95% positive they will fit, I've not got a sprite to check but they look exactly the same on the strip down pictures.

Last edited:
Back