Evolution Silverline 2in1 fpc vs Eclipse HP-CS

If you can stretch your budget, get yourself a G-MAC valve. They're great when doing detail work and give you very fine control of air pressure right at the airbrush and they double as a quick connect.
I'd also invest in an inline water trap, especially if using a smaller compressor ;)
The hoses are pretty standard and I know they fit the Iwata.

I think the .5 fan cap would suffice, my XBi is .5 and can spit out a lot of paint on full throttle but again, if you have large open flat areas the .7 would probably cover better.

Dick Blick (online) has coupon for 20% off and free shipping.
That makes airgun 138ish. Gun plus GMAC valve is 158 ish!!
They don't have the 5mm nozzle kit....
Best price for airgun alone is about 165.... so....
SCORE!
I will order the cup, hose, etc from a smaller retailer. I don't want to waste money, but I DO support the smaller businesses!
Now, airbrush, GMAC, hose, cleaning brushes, TFK5 nozzle kit... what am I forgetting??
Airbrush cleaner/ lube?
Thanks

That's a good price!
Grex also sells a cleaning concentrate but any brand would do really. http://grexusa.com/grexairbrush/prod_type.php5?prod_type=Cleaning and Maintenance

I just got some in and have just started using it and so far it seems pretty good and should go a long way. I just mix a lighter version (a small squirt for 500ml say) for cleanups between colours instead of soapy water (for water-based paints) to see how it goes like that.

If you're using uro's or lacquers just use the thinners you would use with each type.
Depending on the makers' terminology it may be called thinner or reducer which I find annoying as a reducer is basically the clear base medium used to hold pigment whereas thinners are the solvent used as a carrier and will evaporate away.
Anyway, use a solvent for those types :)

Well, the deed is done!! I ordered the GMAC valve and the Grex genesis xgi from Dick Blick. With free shipping, the two pieces were 159.00 (plus tax, but that is same for amazon, etc).
Cleaning brushes, 50ml pot, .5mm fan spray nozzle kit, 10' hose and Iwata lube is on the way also....
I pulled the trigger (so to speak) as after reading I can spray the "dope" on the airplane. It is lacquer based, and pretty thin... instead of brushing it on with a camel hair brush!!!

Well, the deed is done!! I ordered the GMAC valve and the Grex genesis xgi from reproductive organ Blick. With free shipping, the two pieces were 159.00 (plus tax, but that is same for amazon, etc).
Cleaning brushes, 50ml pot, .5mm fan spray nozzle kit, 10' hose and Iwata lube is on the way also....
I pulled the trigger (so to speak) as after reading I can spray the "dope" on the airplane. It is lacquer based, and pretty thin... instead of brushing it on with a camel hair brush!!!
I hope you didn't ordered Iwata blue lube.

I did,, but that is easy to stop.. it is not going anywhere till Monday earliest.
I thought it was great..... damn....
Check forum about blue lube. I don't like it and if I am not mistaken many of others think the same. But to be 100% check on this forum. I think Iwata has white lube which should be better and ,there is badger lube or so called regdab needle juice and few others. I use something from foxy studio. There are people which they don't use anything. I have few of blue iwatas which are sitting and waiting for some use... They are not the best. Take your time and check on forum about it.

Don’t bother with the blue stuff, it will gum up. I’ve no experience with the new white lube...

Foxy studio do there own K33 Airbrush balm. Nothing but good reviews

Badger do Regdab, which also have great reviews.

Depending on what brush you’re getting
You may not even need lube.
I only lube the air piston on my airbrush’s, I don’t think trigger styles use the same setup

@OzAirbrush care to educate us ?

Well, the deed is done!! I ordered the GMAC valve and the Grex genesis xgi from reproductive organ Blick. With free shipping, the two pieces were 159.00 (plus tax, but that is same for amazon, etc).

good job!
I'll look forward to seeing your projects :)

On the lube, I only use a drop or two at the trigger button wear surfaces and on the needle chuck thread so it doesn't get stuck if I don't use the brush much.
With Teflon seals, you don't really need lube but it can make the needle slide a bit easier if they get a bit gummed up with paint.
The gun trigger style ab's are very smooth to operate and I'd only lube the obvious wear surfaces again, all other internals are basically the same :)

Any lube will work and you don't really need or want it on the business end of your needle IMO. It can only cause problems with your paint until it is washed off anyway with paint/solvents. I put the lube only on the back half of the needle before I slide it back into the ab so the oil hits the seals.
Everyone has there own ideas about lube but I reckon lube is for moving parts and threads only :)

IT'S HERE..
OK, airbrush, Gmac, hose, 50ml cup showed up. I am still waiting for a few minutes to adapt the airbrush hose to the air compressor.
Do you all buy any super precision regulator? Or just a normal 15 to 25 dollar reg with moisture trap and a RELIABLE gauge?
It is only comparing my results... so the gauge could read in apples and pears as long as it is consistent??..

i just use what came with my compressor. You have the Gmac so if you set the regulator at say... 50ish (with the trigger pressed on the brush) you can then adjust with the Gmac valve. My Gmac is about a third of a turn from full off if im not using the Micron.

i just use what came with my compressor. You have the Gmac so if you set the regulator at say... 50ish (with the trigger pressed on the brush) you can then adjust with the Gmac valve. My Gmac is about a third of a turn from full off if im not using the Micron.
So, nothing hugely special... I guess this means I do not need some super accurate 0 to 50 or 60 psi gauge with 2 lb readings or anything like that.

nope. You dont want it set at 100psi or anything reduculous. set it to 50ish, and you should be fine to adjust it with the Gmac down to a whisper if you need it on a micron

Back