Fine line speed, distance, reference

Robbyrockett2

Air-Valve Autobot!
This was something I was curious about when I started airbrushing. Nobody really seems to cover it. I know a lot of people wonder.
You never see anyone making a long thin line so here it is.
Just kind of a reference of how slow and close you can move and do fine lines with marginal trigger control.
At least a reference of me doing it.
I didnt do it well, technique is not great its just a quick example and i used my worst equipment so.... just kind of a reference point.
I don't know if this is really the right category since im not really asking a question, but Its not really a tip or trick that anyone but a beginner would need.
This was wicked black 1:3 at i think 20 psi with the chinese pz360 .3 setup.

I'll add another sometime with my GSI .2 Just for comparison of how much cleaner ,smaller and even slower you can get with a quality .2 detail brush.
I'll say this The GSI will almost just as easily make a series of loops that would fit inside the width of that lines on that video.
Feel free to add your own, I think it will help people get some frame of reference for brushes and techniques just seeing people making fine lines.

Last edited:
Certainly can't say the anthem is a dedicated detail brush but it does OK :)

Thats awesome! Obviously you had the same idea before I did, but each example I feel like just adds to someones ability to get a frame of reference.
Thank you.
Looks like it takes just a hair more speed to go tight how you're setup.

Thats awesome! Obviously you had the same idea before I did, but each example I feel like just adds to someones ability to get a frame of reference.
Thank you.
Looks like it takes just a hair more speed to go tight how you're setup.

Think its def a good idea so peeps can see what each brush can do, I know Don has also done a lot of similar tests at he's website but dunno if he's done a lot of vids. Kinda just did this one to show that an anthem at 40+ PSI can spray a pretty darn fine line (for a sub 200 dollar setup) and at times it matters I think more the hand controlling the beast that makes the difference between the ability of most guns at diff values and in more adept hands could likely do a lot better by adjusting speed and the like but prob is that painting a line at times can be a bit misleading as its rare we paint a line moving so quickly beside more in freehand techniques, but its always good to see what other brushes can do when pushed :) Heya @MarcosD, might not be a real long one this time around but let me warm back up LOL, been out for a little while taking care of my lovely wife and am not used to typing much of late LOL, hope ya have been well m8 :)

This was something I was curious about when I started airbrushing. Nobody really seems to cover it. I know a lot of people wonder.
You never see anyone making a long thin line so here it is.
Just kind of a reference of how slow and close you can move and do fine lines with marginal trigger control.
At least a reference of me doing it.
I didnt do it well, technique is not great its just a quick example and i used my worst equipment so.... just kind of a reference point.
I don't know if this is really the right category since im not really asking a question, but Its not really a tip or trick that anyone but a beginner would need.
This was wicked black 1:3 at i think 20 psi with the chinese pz360 .3 setup.
Thank You for the example.
JV

Back