FLG Vs SRI

My advice would be to go and see a tradesman Carpenter - Joiner or a furniture factory worker who does the finishing.
Also, enquire at your local auto repair shop. They may let you watch how the pro's finish off the repairs they do.
All good experiences, as then you can see how it's being done.
There are many you-tube vids that show you how to achieve the really glossy finish on most things and wiki-how-to's are also good.
Good equipment plus good skills = good product.
Simples!
Exactly. Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the delay.
CFM refers to cubic feet per minute from the outlet at a constant rate maximum.
Machines you intend to use should [ ideally ] be rated below the maximum CFM rating to ensure that they will not fail under normal use / conditions.
All compressors, regardless of their size will generally go through a cycle of pause [ at max pressure ] and fill [ min ] pressure reached that activates the start cycle again.
It is during this cycle that airbrushes may experience what's known as "flutter".
This is caused by air 'rippling' in the supply line and giving waves of air pressure at the nozzle - causing spluterring or spattering of paint from your airbrush.
Not nearly as noticable on a HVLP gun, by the way, but it's still a possibility if you have direct connection from the tank and the compressor begins to operate whilst you're spraying.
In my own airbrush set-up, I have incorporated asettling tank that feeds into my water=trap / regulator.
This eliminates any possibility of 'flutter' and guarantees "still " and constant supply to my airbrush.
In most auto shops, they use this set-up to do the same on a larger volume.
Hope this explains how it's done correctly.

Back