Found some useful Devilbis parts...

Chris the Cabbie

Double Actioner
While doing my daily searches on eBay, I found a seller offering of a Devilbis Super 63 with the factory Technicians servicing tool kit. I contacted the seller and politely asked if he would sell the tool kit with spares seperately (he mentioned in the listing that he would consider it). The seller agreed and we came up with an agreeable sum and I pulled the trigger. Have a look see at what I scored. And yes, I have 2 Devilbis Super 63s and one has a bad diaphram that needs replacing and 2 are taped to the airvalve diagram page too! Hopefully some of these maintenance sheets will help some of you that own Devilbis airbrushes as I can attest to the fact that there is NOTHING to be found via a net search for schematics at all!
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

7242e748da3f8677c24fd4d33ec0c3ee.jpg
939d2ce903364f4300e8beed7c6a8aab.jpg
6cc8fcb3edc8641120c6cce6d314397a.jpg
792f30524d6f65d1ff62f1c821f3a0e6.jpg
cad339c744dec3c288dbe44dfc3e76df.jpg
3564c416fc1ae31f1cde334ff2c23ab7.jpg
93c34d914e7ff37501cc0ace0d88e003.jpg
6fc6e52216789c23189da8a8976aa95b.jpg
f7b18ea73d53abf9f400f8d5239f0f06.jpg
e5f663f2cfea70d7abc8523a5d271522.jpg

Last edited:
Cool stuff - just too bad his Super63 was not in better shape, or I would have been interested.

Chris, looking over the documentation - on the brush you have that is not working, is that the one with the cam set screws in the locked position, or is the cam free to move? There is a notation there to loosen the lock screw and make sure the cam is adjusted properly prior to using the brush. Not sure this has anything to do with anything, just though to mention it.

That's the one where the set screws are free to move. Sorry Dave, no cigar for you! Lol I will be working on this one this week to see if I can get it running properly. If not, it will become a dedicated spares brush, if I can repair it, then it gets sold off to defray the cost of the purchase. Remember what I paid for it???
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Cumber,

No I bought them all for the 2 DeVilbis Super 63E airbrushes I bought. This way I can service them and keep them nice and crispy for a LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG time!
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Hi @Chris the Cabbie , I'm new to the forum, noticed the Needle Spring Box's for the Super 63 in your photos (third image up from bottom, left hand alloy ones) would you be willing to let one go, and if so, how much ? mine's damaged and I'm trying to find a replacement
Regards
Peter (Pierre)

Edited to tag Chris - Mod (Squishy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Chris the Cabbie , I'm new to the forum, noticed the Needle Spring Box's for the Super 63 in your photos (third image up from bottom, left hand alloy ones) would you be willing to let one go, and if so, how much ? mine's damaged and I'm trying to find a replacement
Regards
Peter (Pierre)

Edited to tag Chris - Mod (Squishy)

Pierre,
I have three of them so, no I don't letting go of one at all. Have you tested your air valve to see if it will come off? I ask as Devilbis took to gluing them on with Loctite 221 for awhile and it can wreck your day! Check to see if it is removable and if so, check to see if I have a spare of that as well! I may be the only guy you will meet that has extras/spares!
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Thanks Chris,
No, I haven't tried to remove the air valve yet, but wouldn't mind one as a spare, how much for the Needle Spring Box and the Air Valve
Regards
Peter

Pierre, Do post a pic of your Aerograph as there are 2 different airvalves used. Those up to 1980 and those after that point. The early airvalves had scalloped sides and the later model had straight sides. You have to stick with the type your brush came with as upgrading is not possible. From what I have heard, the threads are different between them so, no dice. feel free to drop my a PM and I will share my email with you. Where in the world are you located? If you are outside the US, shipping might be expensive??
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Thanks for the reply Chris, my airvalve has scalloped sides, see the attached image, I'm in the UK, would this be a problem shipping ? This may be a stupid question, but how do I PM you ? I'm new to the forum, can't find how to do it
Regards
PeterDevilbiss Aerograph Super 63 E.jpg

Pierre,

I'll make this easy for you. my email is cabbie945@gmail.com . The airvalves I have are the later style and will do you no good. I do have a spare 63E with a matching diaphram times 2. If you would like, I could float you a price for the brush as it is a parts brush at this time. I found out the hard way that DeVilbis used the Loctite 221 on mine. When I tried to use the valve puller, it turned the wrong way! Why? It had not had the airvalve stem soldered to the body in a real meaningful way so, it turned in the wrong direction! That is how strong the decades old Loctite 221 is. I have learned that you want to heat the area before trying as it will soften it some to assist removing the valve. If you look in the airvalve diagrams, you will see 2 diaphrams for the model airvalve you have and I can attest to the fact that these are ridiculously hard to find as no one has them on either side of the pond. drop me an email and I will look into the rate from USPS to the UK for a small flat rate box but be warned, no First class is allowed by USPS anymore so, expect around $25US for shipping. I also have some soft springs made by DaveG and can attest they will make your DeVilbis a new favorite to use with no over developed trigger finger EVER AGAIN! It actually feels more like an Iwata by comparison.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Back