Over the past month I have been following some threads here on the forum. The discussions were on synthetic paper,” Lifeline” paint, and fur and hair techniques among others. I mostly use Createx Illustration paint, Blair synthetic paper and have a learned technique I use for hair and fur. So I thought to myself, why not go out and buy some Yupo paper, some Lifeline paint and try some new ways of painting hair and fur. In the first two photos, I did my basic layout, covered most of the area with frisket to protect the areas from overspray and blocked in the eyes. The new Lifeline paints are mostly for skin tones so I had to use my create illustration paint for the hair. I mixed magenta and burnt umber and started layering the hair. I would normally use a blade to scratch in the hair but this time I used an aggressive erasure. I also used illustration black in between layers to give the hair richness and depth. The lips used the same paint as the hair with a touch of scarlet. The highlights on the lips used a burnt sienna because they will reflect the color of the hat soon to come. The next two photos I used my new Lifeline paint for her face. I used “Light natural, natural and Exspresso” right out of the bottle with maybe a drop or so of 4012 reducer. The pain flowed really well and the coverage was great. I reworked the eyes, added her eyebrows with some burnt umber. I then covered the eyes and hair with frisket to protect my work and misted “Deep Blush” over the whole face to warmify it. Starting the fur hat, back to illustration paint, bright areas are yellow and burnt umber, then burnt umber and red violet, and last areas are orange and red violet. Using the new info I learned from the forum, I layered the fur at least four layers, using short strokes with the blade for scratching and then go over the whole area with a fiber pen. This new, to me, technique works really well and gives the fur a soft feel to it. I added the background using Sepia and black and used the same color to give the fur some depth. More background work and making sure I protect her hand with frisket. I also went back and worked on her eyes and smoothed out her lower lip. Started working her neck using the Lifeline colors from her face but adding “deep expresso” Finished her hand, added the chest area along with some highlights using “Deep blush” I liked the Yupo paper, it scratched and erased well, it is not quite up to the Blair synthetic paper but it is less costly. The new Createx Lifeline paints were great to work with and seemed to have a longer time to work regarding erasing. The new techniques I learned on the forum, I feel, really helped with the portrait. I mostly painted with my Iwata cm-sb but I did use my Iwata Eclipse for the background and some of her chest area. All in all it was fun trying new things and I call this portrait done. Let me know your thoughts.