Greetings from the North

Cousinsfan

Young Tutorling
Hi all,

Name is John C and I've been airbrushing on and off for about 10 years...almost 50 I am...

Got involved in painting nephew's goalie mask(s). This time a copy of Jonathan Quick's knight.

I am up to 5 brushes: Iwata Eclipse BCS, Badger Anthem, Badger 150, Paasche VL, Badger Krome (plus a $13 Ebay Chinese special and a Harbor Freight one!).

Thanks!
John

Last edited:
Welcome from New Zealand. You look like you are well on they way to being a sound member of Airbrush Acquisition Syndrome Anonymous. Now, it is a support group however we tend way more towards increased acquisition.

Hey there John C! Welcome to the asylum :) Remember, if you still have money left, your AAD isn't serious. We don't normally perform interventions until you sell that 2nd kidney...

Hey there John C! Welcome to the asylum :) Remember, if you still have money left, your AAD isn't serious. We don't normally perform interventions until you sell that 2nd kidney...

Yes indeed, after selling my third kidney I quickly realised I could no longer make babies:eek:

We all go through it. Welcome to our home!

My quick little tip which is a warning to keep you safe. Find they type of painting you love the most and only get the airbrush or brushes you will need. I tend to want to do too many things and that is why I have a drawer full of Airbrush's. I had 15 and now I have 13, and I only use 3 regularly. The others just sit looking pretty. Don't catch brush envy!!!!!

Enjoy your art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

By up north I mean NorthEastern Ohio - way east of Cleveland.
In trumpetland, we call this disease "n+1 disease..."
Thanks everyone.

It's Ok everyone, stand down - he is not a White Walker :)

A.A.D is a serious issue around here. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I have disappearing income, can't keep spending syndrome - or D.I.C.K.S, so I only have two brushes. One Iwata hp-cs with both the .35 and .5 set up, and the micron cm-c. A lot of money's worth to me, but all the brushes I'll ever need. I can do everything I need with them, so well worth every penny.

I have AAD, but I've stopped now :D
I have the theory that my airbrushes are like my drill bits.... right tool for the job, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it :p

as for D.I.C.K.S. well that's just a whole other can of worms...... I know i don't have D.I.C.K.S., and despite rumours to the contrary I'm pretty sure i don't have 'D.I.C.K.', singular!!!

@Squishy....

I know of
DINK's - double income no kids
SINK's - single income no kids

D.I.C.K.S. is a new one on me !!!

Dragons Into Child Killing ?
Destructive Incoherent Careless Killjoy ?

I'm very surprised to hear D.I.C.K.S is new to you. I believe there may be some informative literature available on the subject, though it may be a bit in depth.

Apologies Cousinsfan. It doesn't take much for someone to drag a subject into the gutter. I can't believe I sometimes allow these people to lead me astray.

I'm very surprised to hear D.I.C.K.S is new to you. I believe there may be some informative literature available on the subject, though it may be a bit in depth.

Apologies Cousinsfan. It doesn't take much for someone to drag a subject into the gutter. I can't believe I sometimes allow these people to lead me astray.
So don't enlighten me then...... FINE !! I haven't finished my first coffee of the day yet, so don't mess with my head !!

As for leading people astray I didn't think we had a leader, we were all shoulder to shoulder marching across the globe in unity,

It's Disappearing Income, Can't Keep Spending Lol. Have another coffee to wake up, lol lol lol I'm going to get a nightcap.

You guys all march shoulder to shoulder, I just follow along, a lost innocent trusting little lamb, who gets shocked to the very core of my being by some of the gutter filled filth I get exposed to, as my innocence slowly gets stripped away. But I am strong, my purity will prevail.

It's Disappearing Income, Can't Keep Spending Lol. Have another coffee to wake up, lol lol lol I'm going to get a nightcap.

'cant keep spending' yeah...... no........ that's not going to happen :laugh:

You guys all march shoulder to shoulder, I just follow along, a lost innocent trusting little lamb, who gets shocked to the very core of my being by some of the gutter filled filth I get exposed to, as my innocence slowly gets stripped away. But I am strong, my purity will prevail.

WAKE UP SQUISHY ............ you're dreaming again !!

[QUOTE="JackEb, post: 279497,
WAKE UP SQUISHY ............ you're dreaming again !![/QUOTE]

If I was dreaming it would be of little fluffly bunnies, cherubs, and sparkly unicorns all watched over by friendly dragons breathing gently to toast delicious marshmallows. But no. Wide awake, and led stray by orange forum based gutter talk. I worry I will become corrupted.

Back