Harder Steenbeck evolution silverline experience

A

Andreas

Hi,

Since today I have a new airbrush, the H&S Evolution Silverline 2 in 1 fPC.

It looks and feels like a nice airbrush, and it is more comfortable then my HP-CS, but that's where it stops.

After I lubed him with Super Lube, and tried painting for the first time I noticed the trigger had allot of play, wich I don't like. I also had the feeling you can feel the metal on metal action of the trigger, when I pull back, it isn't smooth, it feels like very bad quality, it feels quite rough, compared to my HP-CS. I tried to lube the trigger better, but no advance. The whole system looked very nice, but it isn't.

The 0.2 was a little to thin for me, so I tried to put on the 0.4 on my airbrush. I have the feeling that with this nozzle and needle it spray allot more paint in splatter. With my HP-CS (0.35) I can spray allot, very smooth, without getting it real wet, with the Evo it get's wet for the most little amount of paint and begins to run. I tried allot of pressure settings, but none worked.

I also hate the fact it didn't came with a cap and that you can't backwash because there are holes in the little needle protecting cap in front of the airbrush.

Is this just a crap airbrush, or should I get a new one in warranty? I hear allot of great things, that's why I bought him, but my HP-CS feels allot more solid and smooth than the H&S, although the H&S is more comfortable.

Any tips or comments? Would like to get some input, if it's wrong or not?

Thanks allot.

i backwash by putting the tip in the crease of my thumb and hand (web part) with any tip it should work...just a suggestion...lol

Hi,

Since today I have a new airbrush, the H&S Evolution Silverline 2 in 1 fPC.

It looks and feels like a nice airbrush, and it is more comfortable then my HP-CS, but that's where it stops.

After I lubed him with Super Lube, and tried painting for the first time I noticed the trigger had allot of play, wich I don't like. I also had the feeling you can feel the metal on metal action of the trigger, when I pull back, it isn't smooth, it feels like very bad quality, it feels quite rough, compared to my HP-CS. I tried to lube the trigger better, but no advance. The whole system looked very nice, but it isn't.

The 0.2 was a little to thin for me, so I tried to put on the 0.4 on my airbrush. I have the feeling that with this nozzle and needle it spray allot more paint in splatter. With my HP-CS (0.35) I can spray allot, very smooth, without getting it real wet, with the Evo it get's wet for the most little amount of paint and begins to run. I tried allot of pressure settings, but none worked.

I also hate the fact it didn't came with a cap and that you can't backwash because there are holes in the little needle protecting cap in front of the airbrush.

Is this just a crap airbrush, or should I get a new one in warranty? I hear allot of great things, that's why I bought him, but my HP-CS feels allot more solid and smooth than the H&S, although the H&S is more comfortable.

Any tips or comments? Would like to get some input, if it's wrong or not?

Thanks allot.

What you are seeing with the trigger is not normal. The .4mm nozzle will probably lay down more paint than the Eclipse, it is designed for that purpose. I still find it pretty easy to control, not as easy as the .2, but still manageable. If you aren't happy with it, either ask for a replacement or a refund.

@AndreZA This is exactly the same brush I had and lobbed and for the same same reasons as well the fact that it tarnished almost immediately, check out this thread http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/neo-and-evolution-review.1145/ unfortunately there are no longer photos in the thread but all the problems I had with are listed, you even commented yourself on the same thread.

But I am apparently not allowed to make negative comments about anything H&S and I feel sure our resident H&S expert and official spokesperson is going to attack me once again and put me in my place, not that I care since I'm almost ready to give it all up again.

I can tell you if you if it isn't doing it for you now it is never going to do it, I have a friend locally who is also a member here, he has two and no longer airbrushes at all because of them, so if you can get your money back you should do so.

I got the evo 2 in 1 kit.... I love it... I would contact H&S and see if they will look at it for you. I have never used a Iwata so I can't comment on them.
I have emailed H&S a few times and they always answer quickly and the staff are very helpful.

I use the same airbrush as my allround gun. There is probably a problem with it as normally it shouldnt feel like that when using the trigger. The comparision between a hp cs i dont have but the 0.4mm nozzle of the h&s lets out quite a bit of paint and in general I think h&s needs a higher pressure to get a good atomisation.

33034dd30c3c27d55d7756a1f6205e11.jpg

For backwash you can take just a piece like ( thats from a cheap pen...i need a lot of them since i lose them 24/7 :) ) that or a small piece of a rubber airbrush hose etc.

@Madbrush it's not me having a problem. I like my H&S guns.

LOL, I should probably wait until I'm awake, I wondered why your avatar wasn't there, a new member with a similar name just doesn't work for me at six in the morning, ha ha ha

Maybe there is a problem, I don't know. The trigger doesn't feel right for me. Noticed 2 more things, the trigger is waaay to loose (because of the spring) and when I press down for air I sometimes don't feel it that good. With my HP-CS it's like an on/off switch. Here I can barely feel it

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there is a problem, I don't know. The trigger doesn't feel right for me. Noticed 2 more things, the trigger is waaay to loose (because of the spring) and when I press down for air I sometimes don't feel it that good. With my HP-CS it's like an on/off switch. Here I can barely feel it

If it's still under guarantee send it back where it came from along with details of the problems you are having, as I said above if it isn't working now, chances are it isn't going to work ever, and since the problem seems to be far too common for this particular model it would probably be better to avoid the model altogether and choose something else instead.

Hi,

I wonder if someone has messed with the trigger spring. The trigger back pressure is not adjustable on the Evolution, and the only way to reduce it is to clip the spring. If you overdo this, the trigger can feel sloppy. And, a clipped spring can cock to the side a scrape. Check the spring and see if it's nice a square on each end. And, it's possible you just got a bad spring.

The air valve tension can be adjusted with a screwdriver at the air intake port.

Don

Thanks for the help.

I dont have problem with the feeling anymore. Its feeling gold now. But it looks like the paint tends to run allot faster then with my hpcs. Wich is a wider needle and nozzle (changed back to 0.2) how is this possible? It looks like the hpcs sprays the air wider than the evo. Is that possible?

There are two different Air Caps with the Evolution, you should be able to see a difference in bore size, otherwise the larger cap meant for use with the .4mm nozzle has a ring around the rim of it, where the .2mm aircap has nothing. The needles and nozzles have similar markings, .2mm needle and nozzle have no ring, where the .4mm has a wide notch at the back of the needle and a wide groove cut in the nozzle.
.2mm
HS .2 Nozzle.jpg
.4mm
HS .4 Nozzle.jpg

If you have all the right parts in, the .2mm should be a pretty versatile setup, from hairline detail to probably 1-1.5" pattern.

I have it right, but still, the paint seems to run very fast...

I have it right, but still, the paint seems to run very fast...
That's kind of confusing to me, your other post said that you went away from the .2mm because it was too thin.

The only things I can think of...

Wrong needle, nozzle, air cap combo

Very thin paint / too much air flow from the regulator.

Clogged nozzle(this would have a real bad delay in trigger response) keep pulling back and no paint, then a sudden burst of paint. This could also be caused by a bad seal at the air cap, try re-seating the O-Ring.

Yes Indeed, the paint clogs very fast, but when I can paint, it runs super fast, very irritating. I don't want to put the pressure down, because it will clog more, but putting it higher will let it run even more...

Yes Indeed, the paint clogs very fast, but when I can paint, it runs super fast, very irritating. I don't want to put the pressure down, because it will clog more, but putting it higher will let it run even more...

What kind of paint are you using?

Does paint run out of it even without the air on?, it really does sound like the wrong head combination.

Why not send it to a dealer for a service, they will have a better idea of what's happening and hot to fix it, if it's still under guarantee you should be able to send it back to H&S or a dealer recommended by them.

Back