Have to rant about my micron

scapone

Needle-chuck Ninja
Well in tipical newbie fashion i have to replace my head system on my custom micron c+[emoji35] . Noticed it wasn't spraying right after i cleaned it. Saw tip threads were broken and i can see threads in nozzle base dam 130$ up in smoke. Should of known better than to take tip off in the first place

I never take the tip of. That is why I like it more than the HP or Hi-line guns. Take the whole head off to clean the nozzle.

You can remove the remainder of the nozzle by sticking an X-acto blade square in and just undo. You only need to replace the nozzle then.

That's sucks! That's the only problem with the Micron is the price of parts. Could happen to any of us at any given time.

Mine broke the fluid head nozzle cap threads and no matter what I tried I could not get the broken pieces out. So ended up buying the entire head assembly . I had only even finger tighten it which I thought for as much as this thing cost it should have stronger metal .
I have never taken the nozzle out of it (after seeing what the monkey did to his and problems he had)
But most times I have found myself using the H&S infinity .15 set up (Which I blame Jeff for making me want one)

I never take the tip of. That is why I like it more than the HP or Hi-line guns. Take the whole head off to clean the nozzle.
That's a great tip Andre I'll start doing that from now on,always worried taking the little tip off:thumbsup:

Yeah exactly how mines broke. I dont know why it even has a wrench never bent the needle funny enough

How does the H&S infinity .15 compare

It's capable of very fine detail. There is a difference in what reductions are required. The Micron is a bit more responsive, there is a slight delay in the start of paint on H&S brushes, but it's minimal is your paint is reduced properly.

It's capable of very fine detail. There is a difference in what reductions are required. The Micron is a bit more responsive, there is a slight delay in the start of paint on H&S brushes, but it's minimal is your paint is reduced properly.
To add to that , Being heavy handed the H&S has not broke on me when screw parts back together after a cleaning.
But the Micron does atomize the paint finer (at least that is my view on it) and the slight delay on the H&S I really have not have an issue with.
Being my micron has the .18 on my CM-C+ I do not notice a big difference in super tight lines between the two but parts are way more affordable on the H&S :D
But then again Jeff has turned me into an addict and yes I have a couple more airbrushes on the way :)

Yeah i started with a passche talon which has a delay compared to the iwata i may try that h&s and see how it does. I see you definitely have to be careful taking the micron apart

Yeah i started with a passche talon which has a delay compared to the iwata i may try that h&s and see how it does. I see you definitely have to be careful taking the micron apart
If you don't need the cutout handle and quick stop on the back, check out the Evolution CR or AL. They use the same internal parts as the Infinity minus the trigger tension adjustment.

Regarding the micron, you should never remove the nozzle cap (and the nozzle) to clean it out? How do you clean the nozzle? Is soaking the whole head unit enough?

Regarding the micron, you should never remove the nozzle cap (and the nozzle) to clean it out? How do you clean the nozzle? Is soaking the whole head unit enough?
That is all I do is soak the head unit .

Yeah im soaking from now on i do have a master airbrush cleaning kit that come with fine pins to poke out dry paint

Thank you. I don't want to screw up my new airbrush when I get it. This is good advice.

I have repair alot of microns, like fixing broken of nozzles or recalibrated the nozzle base.
So the the nozzle is centered perfectly, without having to buy an complete new head.

Back