Hello from Chicago

I tried putting AB paint on the Montana. I want to decant the Montana but I'm sure the shelf life would be so short it wouldn't be worth it.

Did you clean and degrease the surface prior to ABing? And did you use a sealer or anything so the paint would adhere? Enamels are slick when dried, ur paint might not have grabbed any sort of surface to bind to. I've never spent enough on spray paint to use montana..too rich for my wallet..lol I use rustoleum 2x and walmart cheapie cans..use to be called color place..

I sure didn't degrease . I didn't prep we'll at all . I just wanted to experiment!

The 4030 ( originally branded as an intercoat clear, but now called a mix additive as it is not suitable across the createx range as an intercoat - it cant be used with Candy20) is now also being used to farther improve flow as Jonathon said. It emulsifies the paint. Add to paint then reduce the mix as a whole with 4012.

Trans base is paint carrier without pigment, and can be added to give body back to over reduced paint, or to reduce the amount of pigment per volume to lighten the colour.

I think Squishy meant to say 4030 CAN be mixed with Candy 2.0 and I highly recommend it if you're doing any automotive application (or anything that will be cleared and exposed to the elements).

4004 Trans Base can be used as an intercoat over Candy 2.0. Candy 2.0 are true analine dye based candies. Unfortunately, they haven't figured out how to completely remove the binder from the water based system yet. So, solvent based candies are still king, but the water based technology is leaps and bounds better now than a few years ago. The problem you can run itno with true analine dye based candy is bleeding. Using 4004 Trans Base over your candy will lock it in and prevent bleeding. You can spray white highlights over a red candy for and Trans Base for example and they will remain white rather than turning pink!

Apparently Createx will soon be releasing a new 'intercoat' 4040 to stop the bleeding between layers of candy, multiple layers of 4040 & candy can be used without issue.

lol yes we do talk airbrush, with a good dash of humour thrown in. We have a habit of hijacking threads, not intentional, it just kinda happens.
All part of keeping this a friendly non judgemental place to be.

Welcome home Countess ,
You can find Wicked / Wicked Detail and the New CandyO2 at your local Hobby Lobby . Make sure to either have the 40% off any item in the store coupon printed out or on your smart phone. They also carry the 4012 reducer and the 4020 Automotive reducer in small bottle.
The micron is a learning curve, Mainly learning to over reduce your paint so it flow well and learning to build your colors slowly and not in one pass LOL.
Being you are using water base I will also suggest you pick up a bottle of Restorer from Createx http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Restorer you only soak the nozzle in it but it will take all the dry paint that has built up out of the nozzle .

I think Squishy meant to say 4030 CAN be mixed with Candy 2.0 and I highly recommend it if you're doing any automotive application (or anything that will be cleared and exposed to the elements).!

What I was trying to say in my garbled way ( no change there then lol lol lol) is that 4030 was originally marketed as an inter coat clear. But as it does not prevent bleed through in Candy20, it cant be used as an inter coat for that. As ot could not be used as inter coat for all createx lines, it got remarketed as a mix additive. You must mix this with Candy20 as it becomes the carrier for the analin dye, but must use a dissimilar product (such as 4004) to inter coat and avoid bleeding.

Just want to make sure that's clear as many retailers are still mistakenly calling it intercoat clear. As JackEb says the new 4040 will become the new inter coat, suitable for all lines.

Hi Mr. Micron I will have to plan a trip to hobby lobby. It's just far away . My go to place closed down right now it's a 2 hour trek to any place they stock airbrush supplies.
I want to try Candy paint I've never used it.

Shoot 3 hours puts you at my house from Chicago LOL well unless your on the north city of Chicago..

Oh you're in Indiana . I have family in Portage we go there once in a while.

Oh you're in Indiana . I have family in Portage we go there once in a while.
We consider anything up around Hammond , Lake Station to just be a suburb of Chicago being they all run on Chicago time zone and not EST LMAO

Back