Hello from South Alabama!

Welcome from New Zealand. What Ricky said and a decent paint designed for airbrush. What are you wanting to paint? Illustration work com-art, golden high flow, createx illustration, schminke are some good ones. Etac as well. House of Kolor (HOK) do good automotive stuff.

Thanks for the replies! Will be painting on different things. Was thinking on water base. I have never used water based paint. How does the clear hold up with WB?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies! Will be painting on different things. Was thinking on water base. I have never used water based paint. How does the clear hold up with WB?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, you can use any 2k clear

Welcome from the UK. I like to paint on different surfaces and the paint I use is Wicked, also E'tac private stock is a multi surface paint too. There's a bit of a learning curve to reduction of water based, you can get a lot of tip dry and some nozzle clogging until you get it dialled in. The Wicked which I prefer as it has a lot of pigment for intense colour ( but is also why it needs to get to know reduction well) has Detail paints - their version of transparents - which pop really well when cleared with 2k, and as the paint is lightfast keeps its colour. I have used it for auto, paper, board, wood, leather, shirts etc. You must use the brand reducer - does not reduce well with water. People prefer the E'tac for that reason, and hopefully someone can give you more info about it. Its many peoples fave choice, but I didn't click with it.

Back