Hello from the east coast

N

NoMercy

Hi everyone im from north Carolina and i just got into airbrushing. Picked up an iwata neo cn but plan on getting and eclipse later. Not really sure where to start tho hoping i can learn form all the awesome artists here.

welcome from Australia,
lots of info on the airbrush tutor site (link at the top of the page) but you'll need to register there as its a separate site.

Welcome from Canada. When you get a chance check out AirbrushTutor on YouTube. He has a lot of helpful videos on how to airbrush.

Hi and welcome from the UK. So before you even get started, lets make sure you are properly set up. Ok, so firstly what kinds of stuff are you hoping to paint/paint on, what paint do you have? (to make sure its suitable), what compressor, and does it have a regulator and water trap. Having the right set up will make learning much easier, and knowing this will help folks advise you. And as mentioned the airbrush tutor vids will get you started, from how to hold it, to exercises, and first projects. Shout out any questions, and show pics, even of practise, or things that have gone wrong, folks can save you a lot of time if they can see any issues, or even reassure that you're on the right track, and there are no trolls here.

Hi and welcome from the UK. So before you even get started, lets make sure you are properly set up. Ok, so firstly what kinds of stuff are you hoping to paint/paint on, what paint do you have? (to make sure its suitable), what compressor, and does it have a regulator and water trap. Having the right set up will make learning much easier, and knowing this will help folks advise you. And as mentioned the airbrush tutor vids will get you started, from how to hold it, to exercises, and first projects. Shout out any questions, and show pics, even of practise, or things that have gone wrong, folks can save you a lot of time if they can see any issues, or even reassure that you're on the right track, and there are no trolls here.

The compressor is a craftsman 3 gallon with a regulator on the compressor as well as an external regulator with water trap/filter mounted on my table.

The airbrush is an iwata neo for now.

I would like to paint cars, helmets, bikes, ect. Looking to start on painted metal/plastic panels for now tho.

As for paint im using some jaquard airbrush paints my wife got me for now. Ill probably move on to wiked or auto air

Cool, sounds like you're good to go. However as someone who also paints bikes and lids, I recommend using the paint you intend to use from the start, just because different paint brands behave a little differently, and need different reductions and you will get used to one, and have to adjust/learn another one.

Painting on a hard surface is a great idea (IMO it gives you better control, and other surfaces seem more forgiving after) but get some old lids, tanks or panels to get used to painting on curves, shapes, vents etc, as its easy for images to get distorted.

I use Wicked and think its a great choice, just make sure you use the high performance reducer, it doesn't reduce with water like some other paints.

Back