Hello new artist hailing from sf california

• Thread starter Runingwithsissors78
  • Start date
R

Runingwithsissors78

Hello -new to art of airbrushing-and looking for any and all tips-tricks-help-handouts-help and advice-im curently using a frige compresser and a 2gallon tank i put together-however the line from the compressor to tank isnt airtight due to my inexperiance with comprssion fittings-and flaring and also was thinking of soddering a coupler on to the line out to tank to ex any leaks-also im currently using an old school iwata hp b-an hp c -a grex-big side mount-i like that one the best-i have a iwata kustom tr.on its way-also have a iwata revolution i like using also..do u guys think the older airbrushes are better than the new eclipse models i want to get one but dont know about if its a good move i think the new revamped models would be better as the newer tech and all.any advice is appreciated any help..i cant draw for crap .but ill post some of my projects-so far iv done some roses-some thors hammers some other stuff as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, love the name "running with scissors" lol, I actually did that once and ended up shoving them straight through my sister's hand who was chasing me to get them off me, I turned to face her and she tried to hit me so my natural instinct was to raise my hand to defend myself, and the scissors just happened to be in that hand:eek: needless to say I never ran with scissors again, I was six at the time and my sister was nine:)

If you have vintage iwatas you will probably find that the only difference with newer ones is the presence of Teflon seals most of the later models make thrm safe for urothanes and such, you can reokace tge seaos if you think you need to, other than that a decent service would bring your stock up to date, there is plenty of info here to help you with that if you need it, you can also just ask anything you like, we do our best to help.

Use the search function at the too of the home page and type "fez air" this is a thread from one of our members who built his own silent fridge compressor, this may help you understand your build better, but again feel free to ask, pist photos so we know exactly what your query is about.

If you post any photos, they need to be under 1MB so you might need to resize them to post them or you can embed thrm from a third party hosting site such as Google photos or Facebook and the like.

Get your questions coming, there is always someone on hand to get you sorted and responses are usually fairly quick:)

Welcome Home Postal :D Now it that Postal or Postal 2?
Loved that game and the movie too so I get the reference of Running with Scissors LOL

Welcome from Australia,
what part of the world do you call home ?

OMG..... how did i miss that.
I've already had one coffee....... maybe i need another with extra caffiene :confused:
I buy a pound of death wish coffee whole bean every couple months. Has like 5 times the amount of caffeine but tastes soo good. Only coffee I like to drink black..get u some of that stuff

Welcome t the forum. You don't need to be able to draw. It does help but is not vital. There's lots to learn as you are probably finding out and you will get frustrated along the way but that's where we come in. So resist launching the ab and come and talk to us first.

Lee

And welcome to the forum.. I lived in yuba city CA till I was 11..loved it out there
It is nice out there i stayed out in yuba for a bit too.cheep cheep.did u see the floods in chico??

Back