Hello!

S

SDenysI

Hi everyone!
First of all I want to say hello all members and to thank to the forum administration for the opportunity to be a member of this forum dedicated to this wonderful kind of art to the airbrushing.
My name is Denys, I live in Ukraine. I am engaged in airbrushing since June 2010. Airbrushing for me is a hobby (unfortunately in my area an airbrushing technique is unknown and so not much popular), so I don't have a lot of works.
I'm using Iwata HP-C Plus, this is my first brush. In last year I bought a Paasche V and then Iwata HP-SB and Paasche VL. And now I want to try Olympos MP (200A or 200C, although I want to have them both).
Paints I am using Auto Air Colors and Wicked.
Thank you!

Hi Denys, welcome from the uk! I don't know anyone else who airbrushes in real life, so everything I learnt is from many hours of experimenting, and learning what not to do, and from the good people around here. So I have no doubt, you will have many new works in the future from all the great advice from the talented folks here.

Hello Squishy, thank you. I also want to say that I did not have possibility to obtain training at workshops, so I had to learn everything myself, read a different tutorials, searching for step by step and all this with no knowledge of English, now in addition to airbrushing I also improved my English :) but still use Google translator, so sorry for mistakes and delays with the answers. Thank you for your wishes, I'm sure I can get a lot of useful tips.
Hello WhiteKnight, thank you!

Welcome from Australia, Denys!
I am interested in art from your part of Europe.
It has a very grand history.

Hello Splasha! Thank you for the welcome, our land is rich in talented people and not only in art, but unfortunately I can't say that I belong to these people :)
Hello Greg! Thank you, I am very pleased to meet you. Kyiv is a beautiful city, a pearl of Ukraine with a long and grand history. I highly recommend you ever visit Kyiv and Ukraine if you have never been here.
Thank you!

Welcome from Australia, I'm sure you will fit right in here. Your works are amazing for someone with no training. I saw your portraits on the other thread and would love to know how you accomplished the skin texture without any formal training !

JackEb, I'm glad you paid attention to my work and I am very grateful for that high assessment my work.
As for my training. Actually I don't know what to answer to you, because it does not have any tricks. I can only say that it is the result of "mistakes," and now I don't mean something abstract and philosophical, I say to you in the truest sense of the word. It's just chaos thousands of dots and dagger strokes. I do not like a smooth shape, so I try to create the texture, I think it materializes an object. It is also important to remember the value and color. I'm using only three basic colors. I never mix one or even two colors, I always mix the three colors, it looks natural. I hope it helps you to understand what I'm doing.
Thank you again!

Yes that's a good explanation. I call it organized chaos :)
Without texture images look very flat, yours do not look flat. I'm only new to all this but I've found I enjoy laying one color over another to get different colors/ shades. I couldn't color match anything if I tried at the moment, that the next step in my learning curve!!

Thanks JackEB. Yes you are right, it is really organized chaos, but it must organize so that you should consider each surface feature, such as skin has pores that are too small hills and holes, so it is necessary to depict according to the location of light and shadow depending on the source light, so it is very important to specify in the works, if it does not portray, then your chaos will not be "organized" properly and it will never work.
As for color, it is a different story a few pages. I was lucky enough to read a book that I can recommend: "Blue and Yellow Don't Make Green", after which I began to understand color as a mathematical example.
Thank you for your comment.
Hello Boltcase, Bodyworx, Thank you, I am very pleased to meet you :thumbsup:

Hi Denys,
I'm new to the forum too, but welcome :). I am trying to teach myself as you have done. Look forward to seeing your artwork.

Hello Skellington, Boneman 65 I am glad to meet you and sincerely thank you for your hospitality.
Learning an airbrushing by yourself is a difficult and long way. As for me, I am a self learning not because I just want it, but because, unfortunately, in my country is no the workshops :) If I was able to get to the classes, such as a Rendezvous or Getaway, I would definitely took advantage of this opportunity, it will save you a lot of years. But there is one thing, I believe that self learning helps to find your own style :thumbsup:
BTW, I've already created the thread with my artworks, so I will be glad if you get to visit http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/my-works.13323/

Back