Help finding an older post on color mixing

Jayhawk

Double Actioner
A few days ago I found somewhere on the forum a nice article that was discussing mixing colors and mentioned that certain primary colors had a degree of other color in it and was not good for mixing a particular secondary color. Example would be like "Whatever Red" had a little yellow in it, so would not be good at mixing for greens, etc. I knew I should have printed it out but figured I could find it again later. oops. Anybody know what that was? I've been searching and am crying uncle.

lol
can you at least remember who posted it or a paint brand that was mentioned ?

Actually, no, I don't. It MAY have been on the "wet canvas" site???? If I find it I may post here because it was pretty specific in naming different red, yellow, and blue colors by their names, like cadmium red and stating what other tint was in it that will skew up your blending. I wonder why you can't just get red, yellow, or blue pigment? Probably I know because it is impossible to make pure colors with the materials available to make pigment. Still, it's awfully confusing.

Try searching in your browser history. You're saying it was within recent days, when you have read it, so you can find the links there. It's not that hard to find, unless your history wasn't cleaned.

Most companies do offer a pure red, blue and yellow separately or in a primary set. If you study color theory and practice matching colors rather than relying on what comes out of the bottle you will, over time, train your brain to see and identify different hues and/or tints to specific colors.

JackEb nailed it, thanks - that was the one I was looking for!

I'll take credit for finding the first link, but the 2nd Link, Haasje found it..... because he wrote and posted that thread. Haasje has a bucket load of useful info on the forum,

Back