Help, I need a new frisket..

T

TattooGabby

I need a frisket that will work well on paper with water based paints and inks. I had some black lift up today and decided it was time for a change. It was just black drawing ink thinned with water and alcohol on medium weight water color paper. I like paper based frisket and I have mostly been using normal paper with spray adhesive. This works well for most things and some masking tape ( only high grade stuff ) and this has become my problem. The tape has tendency to remove spots in the ink and the spray adhesive sometimes lifts up with continuous air.

So with all that. Does anyone know of a paper based frisket that doesn't lift up or take pigment with it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Transfer tape and detack it first.

I have also used cheap contact paper.

Transfer tape. I'll have to try that. Seems a little thick to cut on top of art. Although there are a lot of brands of transfer tape.

Transfer tape should cut easily. I get mine through grimco. And generally use paper based.
The clear transfer films are rated based in tack. They are designed to release easily. Not sure where your located. But many shop at us cutter. I use grimco cause I can buy wholesale. And pick up local.

Deutschland here I tend to shop at airbrush-city for my vinyl and airbrush needs.

Although my favorite brand of airbrush is no more and it is almost impossible to even find parts now.

Meant to say the transfer tape they sell is Gronal.

Did you try this : ShinHAn Masking Film L500? The problem whit lift is when your paint\ ink its binder poor ( reducing by water or alcochol)

Did you try this : ShinHAn Masking Film L500? The problem whit lift is when your paint\ ink its binder poor ( reducing by water or alcochol)
David while I know you are new here how about a nice Introduction so we can get to know you and find out what actual knowledge you have.
You can find the Introduction page here: http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ where you can tell cool things like where you're frmo , what equipment you have and how long have you been airbrushing...

I've been using transfer tape 12" by 30 yards was $12 or $15 it's clear and has never pulled paint from yupo,clayboard or poster board. It also keeps a surprisingly clean edge with no bleed, although using dedicated masking tape is better for a guaranteed no bleed edge.

Some people avoid the need for any tackiness at all by using a metal easel and then just holding down regular paper edges with magnets. Zero chance of paint lift, and very little chance of underspray, especially if you get into the habit of spraying away from the edges.

Back