Hi Everyone

Rick Martin

Detail Decepticon!
Im new here but not to airbrushing..well i might be now since ive been out of it for awhile, and alot of things have changed, so i will be asking alot of questions that i cant find researching. I used to do this as a younger man but life fot busy..now life is not so busy and my dr said get a hobby so here i am
Rick

Welcome Rick from South Carolina. This forum is not only the best place to ask questions......but the best place for answers.

Welcome Rick. I am in Canada.
if your looking for anything @Maple Art can hook you up. I just got new brush and paint from her.

Welcome Rick. What gear do you have?

Up until the time i decided to get back into it ive alway had a single action badger..i just used it for coating models but i now have a Master dual action. I believe its the G23 i moved to Texas and appearantly my book didnt make the trip with me. Im using the small HF compressor.. I am finding this Master Airbrush finicky on setup. My current paint im using is wicked paints
Rick

welcome from Australia Rick,
when you decide to throw the Masters brush at the nearest wall then consider an Eclipse CS, pretty rugged brush that will last as long as you do if you don't play floor darts with it. The wicked paints will pretty much do anything you ask of it, but may need some reduction along the way. If you haven't already then consider grabbing a large bottle of Createx 4012 reducer and a smaller bottle of Restorer, its great stuff for giving a good deep clean, its reusable so its economical and will last a long time.

lol... I had to do that... ... but yeah get the eclipse. I talked to a ton of airbrush painters and the large majority said the eclipse cs. My first brush was the Paasche vl and it is not as bad as I thought once I got the proper reducer...

Hi and Welcome from the UK. Are you using the 4012 reducer with the Wicked?
Yes i am..i finally got this master dialed in, but yes a eclipse is in the works..ive been tweaking and doodling on paper most of the day to get my form back..its getting there but still a ways to go..im also having issues with the wicked paints..im so used to urethane paints, but HOK has gotten expensive. My issue is reducing them down. I started 1:1
Rick

I have a couple of big bottles of 4012 reducer. Hobby Lobby here carries wicked paints so getting them isnt a problem. Im having a little problem with them as this is the first time with water based paints..i started with a 1:1 ratio then had to stop due to storms. It did ok but still a little grainy so i will reduce down somemore later. A eclipse is in the works now, but i did finally get the Master dialed in.
Rick

Wow i made the second post because i didnt think it took the first one logged and back in and there it is..sorry everyone

we'll over look the multiple posts, just don't do it again ... :laugh:

what psi are you spraying at Rick ? if its showing grainy then maybe youre not atomising properly.

after HOK im not surprised youre finding the Wicked a little different, I've never used Urethane so I don't know any different but from what I read there is a big difference.
Start by putting reducer in the cup, then the paint - id start at 2 parts reducer:1part paint to start with - and give it a shake (lid on unless you like to live life on the messy side. ) or a gentle back flush AWAY from what you're working on :D pressure around 25ish then adjust the pressure / paint reduction from there.
if youre paint is spidering then drop the psi, or add more paint
if the paint isn't flowing well either up the psi or add more reducer

Im shooting at 25 psi. I found a old nastruck hood im playing with now..can we post pics in threads or do they have to be in the gallery.
Rick

Back